Ownership Verified: Car for a Year: Renault Twingo

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
Hello, I have been lowkey driving this thing for almost 2 months.

pu0SHuW.jpg

NHDta5X.jpg

JzGtU30.jpg

FTOLbxk.jpg

r7ek29U.jpg

It's a brand new 2016 model. It's the SUOMI spec model with the basic 1.0l three cylinder 70hp engine.

I decided to give these newfangled leasing deals a go. It's from Autoverkkokauppa.com (not sponsored), 169? per month + taxes + insurance and I will give it back after 12 months.

Last edited:
Holy shit you did the thing I read about! This is really interesting.

IMO nowhere to put your clutch foot and the rear is claustrophobic for people in the back.

Might be a right-hand-drive only issue.
Yeah, the LHD has a normal foot rest as usual. You can even see it in the interior pic.

The most important question: does it go sideways?

Ah it must be RHD models only, I was going to get a Twingo earlier in the year, but I don't like the r and go system. They're expensive for what they are... and most importantly the yellow is a horrible shade. :|

Yay! Twingo is interesting car, but I'm saying that as a good thing. Clever packaging, and super tight turning radius :lol: I wonder why they even fitted reverse gear?

Did you get rid of the beautiful C124? Edit: yeah, you did. Sorry I didn't notice that thread.

Last edited:
This is cool,
it just needs an ESP-system that you can switch off (does it have one?) for a winter wonderland.

I remember some people in the old smart cars that had an extra key operated switch isntalled to turn ESP/DSC off for dorifto...

edit: before anyone complains, because of the tiny wheelbase, it is ridiculously easy to get the rear to let go in those ones. even the 41 hp diseasel i had would lose it on a mildly moist road if stepped on.

Last edited:
I believe they're wired into the immobilizer and radio or some other stupid combination on these.

There is no button to switch of ESP or TC. Apparently there is a fuse you can take out which disables the ESP, but it still leaves the TC on. So no drifting.
Sadly, in general it's less fun to drive than you would expect.

These things are typically bought by people that have no idea what RWD is or how it works. I'm not in the least surprised that it has super strong ESP and no button to disable it.

The Twingo GT is coming with 110 horses, I wonder if they'll make it more drifty?

A three digit horsepower figure?! This is going to levels of Duesenberg!