Car in Kill Bill Vol. 2

zenon

I won't give away anything about the movie for those who haven't seen it yet, but does anyone know what make and model of car this is?

pageheader.jpg

It's Bill's car in the movie, and appears to be some sort of 1970's European futuristic\avant-garde sports car. I absolutely love that style of car, especially the Alpha Romeos and Maseratis from that era.

Besides that car, Kill Bill Vol. 2 also has some great shots of the Bride driving around in a beautiful Volkswagen Karmann Ghia.

Looks familiar, but I can't place it.

Wow, thanks Justin. That is a really great looking car.

They just had it sititng in the background in one scene in the movie, I wish they would have actually used it more.

I've seen and heard a group of DeTomaso Panteras at a local car show - they are pretty amazing cars. That Mangusta looks even better, and it looks like it has a similar Ford V8, so it probably sounds just as good. :mrgreen:

SiR_dude said:
Yeah, that's a Mangusta. The Pantera's are a decent car, but being Italian (as I think deTomaso is) I'd expect more than a Ford V8. Just my $.02

DeTomaso isn't really strickly an Italian company.

The founder is Argentinian, a British company distributed the majority of their cars, and their egines in cars such as the Pantera and Mangusta is of course a large American V8. I believe the majority of their cars were designed and built in Italy, but I wouldn't really call them a purely Italian company.

As for the Ford V8, the Pantera was able to do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds in 1972. Those are damn good numbers for any car with any engine from that era.

Plus, any owner of a Pantera today wouldn't be faced with the absolutely ridiculous rarity of parts that most exotic cars from that era suffer from. Ford V8 parts grow on trees, atleast in North America. 1970's Lambourghini and Ferrari parts? Not so much.

I think that new MG kicks ass. A guy on another forum I go to saw it before it was released and posted pics of it - he works at the airport and they were shipping it. ;)

:lol: Yep. :)