Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
01carcover824.jpg

02car50824px.jpg

All i'm saying is, number 38...

Car_Mag.jpg

Last edited:

Perhaps because it's on this miraculous new invention called "paper", which, as yet, cannot be directly linked to.

We get it. You heart the Panda. Care to tell us about the other cars on the list?

Why does the list contain a Trabant, a Multipla, and a Smart? Odd kind of "greatest car" :dunno:

Looks like America never made a great car. :p

The Mustang, the C2 Vette and the powerplant in the Jensen are American enough :p

Great list, I only take offense at the colour choices and the lack of DeLorean. :lol:

Ha. I guess my geek status is revoked. :p

Why does the list contain a Trabant, a Multipla, and a Smart? Odd kind of "greatest car" :dunno:
One presumes, East Germany's people's car (same reason the 2CV, Renault 5 and Mini are there), first popular tiny city car (that anybody remembers), dunno' about the Multipla, other than it was better than it looked (which was easy)...

Doesn't that Lotus look tiny there...

Lack of US cars is probably because it is a UK based magazine and American cars don't work here, at all.

Last edited:
Am I blind? Because I don't see a Trabant in there.

And why is the bloody 2CV on the list? That thing is much older than 50 years!

Also I would have thought a 240 Turbo Wagon would have deserved a spot if the Saab 99 is there.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Sorry, it's just... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm being serious here - the 240 made station wagons popular. It was reliable, with the Turbo it was fairly quick. It was built for nearly 20 years. It created/reshaped the image of the family car. If you are going to have stuff like the Focus, 2CV, Panda, Renault 5 in there, you might as well include the 240. Not a great driver's car, but its impact was just as big as these other ones.

A Smart? Honestly......no 1960 Caddie? No DB9? No 911? But please go ahead and include a fucking Datsun and the ugliest Fiat ever created....

They included cars that made an impact or showed serious novelty. Therefore, 2CV, Mini, Renault 5, Panda, Smart, and the like are justified.

And Cowboy, the 911 is there - in its newest incarnation. But everyone rambles that they can't be told apart from the older ones anyway... :p And they have the first Golf, not the latest, to balance out that one. :D
DB9 - well, there is the DB5, and that one's far more iconic.