CAR Magazine's Best Hot Hatch Poll

205 GTI easy.

Because it's great and people could actually afford to buy one.

And the reasons for your vote for the frenchie?

i'm just interested, and i think everyone should give their reasons for the choice they have made.

when ever there is a group test of Hot Hatches done by any of the European magazines teh 205GTi consistently does better than the VW it usually ends up as a toss up between the Clio Williams F1 and the 205GTi for best handling/fun to drive hot hatch (if the DC2 ITR is involved that actually tends to win but it isn't really a hot hatch). I definitely think that the MK1 Golf is Iconic i mean it really did start the whole hot hatch thing but both Renault (with the clio williams) and Peugot (with the 205GTi) took the original VW recipe and improved on it again i don't want to take anything away from the VW it was the first the original... just not the best...

Incidently i voted for the Integrale as it is generally considered to be one of the best handling most fun to drive cars produced by the hands of man. While i think calling it a hot hatch might be a bit of a streach (i think HotHatch implies FWD but thats just me) out of the cars listed it is defintely only challenged by the cosworth rs interms of point to point speed out of the box plus i am a huge and i mean HUGE lancia fanboy it's the only car i want more than a 323GTAe

Because it's great and people could actually afford to buy one.

IMO that's kindof a prerequisite for a 'hot hatch' anyway. I mean that's the entire point of it to be honest. A grocery getter and 'shit mover' that you can also have a bit of fun with and even that retard "Joe the Plumber" could afford it.

Das_Idiot, yep and that's why the current leader, the Lancia Delta Integrale is a bit of a cheat. It sold in small numbers and disappeared from the roads quicker than both the VW and Peugeot, it was expensive, broke alot and very hard to maintain. Sure it's good at rallying but to live with? Nope.

It appears the Saab fans are voting now 14% like 50 votes behind the delta

Heh totally forgot about his poll till today... Delta Integrale won!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooohooooo

Viva Lancia!

Cmon people, Alfasud! I hate fwd, and I know there are none left, but it's the most interesting out of all the choices! Besides, it was one of the first hot hatches (before Golf Gti etc.) and I image it is (was, none left :D) dynamically very good.