Car mags

ChaoZ

Car(s)
Mazda Miata
I realize that the crowd here is unusually dispersed globally, but here goes...

What car mags do you read on a regular basis? Here in Canada, we basically get what the Americans get (Motor Trend, Road and Track, Car and Driver), and the smaller tuner or make-specific magazines. I'm looking for magazines with coverage close to that of Top Gear (so a variety of cars, maybe a little bit of motorsport.)

Any suggestions? Unfortunately, Top Gear magazine would cost a fortune over here.

"Moniteur Automobile" here. THE only really objective magazine you can read, with very thorough technical articles or historical articles too. Tests everything from the $10k car up to megamoney runabouts. Last extreme examples: Suzuki Jimny Diesel, Rolls Royce Phantom, Fiat Panda 1.1l, Maybach 62, Ferrari 612. They also test Daewoos, Kias, you name it. Only thing I haven't seen tested is Ladas but then even the Niva hasn't changed for nearly 10 years. Still a great offroader all around though.

All other magazines are full of "French is better" crap that obvisouly falls apart when you go and test the vehicles. French cars can be good, but saying that a 307 is better than an Octavia 2 is absolute rubbish once you've road tested both, which I did.

I always get EVO, although it's a bit pricey, it's fab! 8)

Edit:
ca6 said:
evo. Damn expensive, but all others are shite. evo's got beautiful photos and decent journalists.
Couldn't agree more. I also bought the limited edition 360 Stradale poster from EVO that is in the latest (no. 75) magazine.

*It's gonna be a collector's item, only 200 will be printed, and I have one, woo nananananana :p*

Nice.
I won't be able to get that though I think...not that it matters. The Stradale is sexy but I'm not that fond of it.

I guess you can tell I'm jealous, right :D

hmm guys, why don't we release top gear magazine as well, in PDF format or just pics ha? someone buy it, scan it and release, it would be a small sized file so seeding and releasing is no big deal.. i think its a great idea.. either top gear magazine or playboy.!!

Well I'm subscribed to Hot Rod Magazine (although will probably cancel after my subscription is done, don't fancy it anymore. Too much crap) and I just bought the Top Gear magazine and it is amazing. Will probably subscribe to it :)

logo said:
hmm guys, why don't we release top gear magazine as well, in PDF format or just pics ha? someone buy it, scan it and release, it would be a small sized file so seeding and releasing is no big deal.. i think its a great idea.. either top gear magazine or playboy.!!

Have you seen how thick that mag is? And I don't think that is a good thing to do, you should just buy in stores so Jeremy can buy his family grosseries.
That would be unright I guess...

I buy Top Gear and CAR. Both good magazines, I've seen evo and it looks quite good but I've never bought it.

Well I replied to the previous post already but what the hell...

I buy Top Gear, Evo and Car. I subscribe to a couple of finnish ones (Tuulilasi and Turbo) and would love to buy Autocar but the bugger doesn't come to Finland anymore.

Jostyrostelli said:
logo said:

Have you seen how thick that mag is? And I don't think that is a good thing to do, you should just buy in stores so Jeremy can buy his family grosseries.
That would be unright I guess...

then we shouldn't rip his DVD's aw comeon .. don't worry he makes enough money, he even got an electric garage door and a ford GT!! :p and thick is good! won't take more than 30 min to scan the whole thing i guess.. pretty please? i can't afford buying magazines every week or month or whatever :'( my cell phone bills and other stuff are killing my budget.

I buy Car, Evo, Autocar and sometimes Top Gear. Evo is more enthusiast, but Car has some good stuff. Autocar has fantastic journalists, and their columns are great. Top Gear is too expensive considering it has more publicity than written stuff. And that the best stuff is available online.

The only car magazine I buy is Top Gear (and I buy it every month despite the $12 CAD price tag). I'm truly dedicated. :D

Motor Trend. I've been a subscriber ever since I was 15 (almost 10 years now!). $25 for three years is a killer deal.