Car number 2. VW Bora.

I think it looks pretty tasteful if you keep the steelies and dont put on any more stickers. Or exhaust modifications. or performance modification of any kind.

I think it looks pretty tasteful if you keep the steelies and dont put on any more stickers. Or exhaust modifications. or performance modification of any kind.

I agree. While not necessarily to my taste, I like it much more than the typical chav-mobile, and I can understand why you like it. The steelies look good. If you put wheels on it that you can see your reflection in, you've gone too far. So, keep it subtle and its fine.

NO, thats NO Performance or exhaust mods will be happening. It's a 1.6 "SR" (slightly rubbish) there's no point what-so-ever.

Plans as for the wheels are to get some banded steel wheels. (Basically steels with a dish). No chrome.

Also want the US Spec front bumper. It's a bit beefier due to the regs over there requiring it to have more padding behind, also doesn't have a cut out for a plate so looks tidier. Another thing it has is the orange side repeaters. Here's an example.

DSC01416.jpg

I didn't actually know what to expect from FinalGear. I get a lot of mixed response from this.

People who don't like cars that much or don't know much about it, don't get it at all. They dismiss it as shit because it's a "grandad car" and hasn't got alloy wheels.

Chav's thinks it's shit for the above reasons, also it hasn't got window tints, lexus lights, stupid massive rims and a 4x4 stance.

People who GET what I'm doing but don't like it, then others that get it and do like it. Mainly VW/ scene whores tbh. Then there's others that just like it and they don't know why but they do.

You sir, drive a Dodge Ram. You're either compensating for something or are just one of those people who don't have much imagination so they just look at what their neighbor has and spec's it up a bit more.

Did I tell you the best for of Defense is attack? ;)

Seriously though. If you hate, w/e, just stop the spam.

Well, my neighbour doesnt have a Ram......actualy none of my neighbours have Ram's :rolleyes:Did you bother to check my location? or just assume I was another Yank? I actualy gave my car quite some consideration before putting in the effort to bring it over the pond.......
lack of imagination? what ? for not having a ruined VW in Euroland? yeah that makes you real original :p

As for compensation? please, that 'argument' is as old as the car itself, and while I will be the first to agree that in many cases it holds thruth, in my case you are gravely mistaken.

As for your 'car' , it was a fine car to begin with, I always liked the bora actualy, a tad boring maybee, but a proper sedan, we get to few of those Europeside.

What you did however, is compleetly ruin its practicality and driveability in an effort to be 'unique' , just like any other teenager with delusions of grandeur :rolleyes: , even looking down on other modding teenagers :rofl:
And you are claming you like it that way?

In my humble opinion? that makes you a colosal idiot.

Last edited:
Also want the US Spec front bumper. It's a bit beefier due to the regs over there requiring it to have more padding behind, also doesn't have a cut out for a plate so looks tidier. Another thing it has is the orange side repeaters. Here's an example.]

People here in the states change to the eurospec parts for the exact opposite reason. i personally am not a fan of the amber and want to change the amber to clear on my car when i have the money

and if you are annoyed by spammers on your thread, you can just add them to your ignore list in forum options. its the only way to deal with some posters.

Last edited:
And you are claming you like it that way?

In my humble opinion? that makes you a colosal idiot.

Well I do. It's not my daily. It's my only car but I bike when I can, as my work and my college are just down the road so it would be lazy not to.

It's a bit of fun. Don't take it so serious. I like it, all my mates thinks its crap. But I don't care tbh, I'm the one that has to drive it.

Also want the US Spec front bumper. It's a bit beefier due to the regs over there requiring it to have more padding behind, also doesn't have a cut out for a plate so looks tidier. Another thing it has is the orange side repeaters. Here's an example.
They're not repeaters, they're US-required side marker lights. You could probably wire them up to act as repeaters, but otherwise they just stay on when the headlights are on. In my opinion, they can look good on some cars, especially at night. The Volvo S40 has them standard and they look pretty good on that IMO.

Oh, and don't worry about Cowboy. I've come to stop listening to him. Its quite ironic how he constantly bangs on about the fact that people should be able to drive whatever they want, but then constantly refers to hatchbacks as 'hatchcraps', and says that small cars are stupid, but won't accept that his bloody massive truck is more ridiculous than going to the supermarket wearing chaps. ;)

going to the supermarket wearing chaps.

Did that once, got kicked out.......maybee I should have worn more then just chaps and a hat :dunno:

On a serious note, I do refer to hathbacks as hatchcraps, simply because I find none of them appealing.
Small cars? I think we covered my hatred for small cars extensivly, in short : if you were my size you would hate em to....

You want to drive a tiny hatchback, an MPV? pink hello kitty lambo? a hotair ballon? By all means go ahead, anyone trying to stop you from doing that? Point em my way, I will gladly get in a huge dirty personal internetshredding discussion with em , often throwing vaque pointless communism references in the mix :p

This however does not mean I will not mock your hello kitty lambo if I think its utterly ridiculous .....

Everyone's got the right to drive something stupid, Like (from your point of view) a Ram, and (from my point of view) , a hatch, and I'm perfectly fine with people thinking its ridiculous and calling me on that, just like I do onto others.
What I am not fine with however,(I'm looking at YOU greenbags) is when people try to stop anyone from driving what they drive, a Ram, a hello kitty lambo, or your tiny hatchback....big difference there.

@WirelessMonkey, I should not have called you an idiot, that's one

And secondly I do see the visual appeal in a slammed car, I realy do, I just can't understand why someone would do it to their daily, but what baffles me the most is that you actualy had impracticality in mind as a result :?

Again I can see the appeal in it, and the impracticality should be an unfortunate sideeffect, but you make it sound like you feel its something to be proud of?
Pride in you car? every right to! but pride in the fact its almost unusable? I don't get that.
That's like bricking up the door and windows to your house because it looks better that way, you have to get in through the roof but atleast it looks better :lol:

I didn't actually know what to expect from FinalGear. I get a lot of mixed response from this.

People who don't like cars that much or don't know much about it, don't get it at all. They dismiss it as shit because it's a "grandad car" and hasn't got alloy wheels.

Chav's thinks it's shit for the above reasons, also it hasn't got window tints, lexus lights, stupid massive rims and a 4x4 stance.

People who GET what I'm doing but don't like it, then others that get it and do like it. Mainly VW/ scene whores tbh. Then there's others that just like it and they don't know why but they do.

The thing is that the stock VW is a good and noble car, I nearly bought one before veering off down stupid street and getting the Smart instead.

The problem is that any modifications of any sort start to push it in the direction of chav. The reason is that it ends up looking like an unfinished chav project waiting to have more random shit attached to it even if you think it's complete.

Also US spec bumper looks like the car has been given a fat lip.

I think the US Spec bumper gives it a longer nose that's barely noticable. Subtle OEM changes make a car. And chav's hate my car, it's the opposite of chavs. Mainly because I can't get a bunch of 14 year old girls in the back to go down to McDonalds drive through.

And Hatches are fine, just that I'm A- 6ft4 and B- fed up of being just another 17 year old in a clio/fiesta/corsa etc. etc. The Clio is one of the best car's I've driven. It was more fun than my mums audi tt on backroads by far! But I do love the low and slowness of the Bora. I drive like a grandad which means at least I won't be getting speeding tickets or crashing horribly.

Most people sometimes crash into a wall... `You will crash into the ground all the time :p

BTW what was wrong with the Clio ?

Money. Couldn't afford the finance and more expensive insurance. At the start it was going to be shared between me and my mother, but she was made redundant and fell ill so I took over the bills and I couldn't really afford it so I got rid of it. (She's okay now, by the way).

Plus it's nice to have a car I can try my hand at fixing when it goes wrong :) can just tinker with it to my hearts content!

Is your oil pan protected or strengthened in any way? My parents' Golf IV got some oil pan damage ridiculously easily, which then resulted in a leak - and it's definitely stock height.

No protection at the moment, but because it's only the 1.6 the sump (as we call it) sits a but higher so it's not so bad. Still is a problem though.

This is a scuff that got there after a very large impact with the ground just because I wasn't concentrating on the road at the time so didn't see the offending piece of tarmac. Also ripped the tarmac up LOL!
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDQtMjAxMDA3MDMtMTYxN.jpg

still looks very decent, i've seen a lot worse :lol:

maybe you should look for an iron carter, when you hit sth they don't crack or rupture that easy (some models had that stock, don't remember which ones though)

since when it's wrong to have performance modifications?

Last edited:
I couldn't get out of my driveway with that car. Or into the parking lot of my post office. Or bank. Hell just about anything that's not a main road in New England would give that thing a run for its money. I've had enough trouble with two stock height cars...

It's okay actually. It's not even that low compared to some peoples cars I know.

I was throwing around some stupid ideas tonight. Bike Carbs? Just for that old school-ness. No performance reasons :p Just like the look and the pop and bangs sound that make it feel like it's a banger racer from the 1960's.

UPDATES as of today.

Ordered a couple of bolts to replace some rusty ones. Will be here tomorrow <3 VW Parts desk. Winner!

I was throwing around some stupid ideas tonight. Bike Carbs? Just for that old school-ness. No performance reasons :p Just like the look and the pop and bangs sound that make it feel like it's a banger racer from the 1960's.

Wait a sec - retrofitting carbs of whatever origin on an EFI engine? Does not sound like an easy job to me. Someone, i think InfernalVortex (?) did it on his Camaro, but i think he simply switched back to a complete older-model V8 engine header.

EDIT: Nevermind, he got a mostly new engine.

Last edited: