Car number 2. VW Bora.

carbs don't sound like a good idea to me either

ITB's on the other hand :woot:

I was throwing around some stupid ideas tonight. Bike Carbs? Just for that old school-ness. No performance reasons :p Just like the look and the pop and bangs sound that make it feel like it's a banger racer from the 1960's.

If you want half the power for twice the fuel in an engine that will wear out twice as quick then go for it.

Chances are you'll end up in a wild goose chase through the loom trying to work out which sensors you removed have caused various systems to piss themselves and die.

If you want half the power for twice the fuel in an engine that will wear out twice as quick then go for it.

Chances are you'll end up in a wild goose chase through the loom trying to work out which sensors you removed have caused various systems to piss themselves and die.

FLOL! Fair shout.

Mmmm ITB's are cool. Bwwaaarrrrrrrrp!

I say do the carb swap with some chromed velocity stacks, like a late 60's f1 car.

Good gas mileage is for pussies. In my personal opinion, if your car makes 17 miles per (us) gallon (7.2 KM per liter) or more, you are most likely a girlie whino with a pink pastel shirt and waxed chest, who isnt driving properly no matter how large your engine is or how many cylinders it has.

Last edited:
I say do the carb swap with some chromed velocity stacks, like a late 60's f1 car.

Good gas mileage is for pussies. In my personal opinion, if your car makes 17 miles per (us) gallon (7.2 KM per liter) or more, you are most likely a girlie whino with a pink pastel shirt and waxed chest, who isnt driving properly no matter how large your engine is or how many cylinders it has.

Looks at sig.... damn.....

You did it just for looks?

... you're kidding right? You dont think 9.5/10 car owners do this to lower the center of gravity of the vehicle, do you?

Shorter suspension can also be stiffer :p

9.5/10 car owners don't lower their cars at all, and the ones that do it for looks usually throw on some shiny rims or crappy bodykits or something...

I think the vast majority of drop kits (and lift kits for that matter) are done for cosmetic reasons first, and practical reasons second.

I think the vast majority of drop kits (and lift kits for that matter) are done for cosmetic reasons first, and practical reasons second.

I fear you're right.

Does not make it any less stupid.

Fuck off then.

:D

Seriously though, the car has driven 300 miles in the past 2 days. Motorways, Dual carriageways (A34 notoriously bad surfacing) and back roads, through towns, through cities ETC.

Never let me down, never had any problems. If anything it's good being low. I concentrate a lot more and drive much more carefully, yes I have to go slow down the odd road but you get used to it! At least I'm not in a 400bhp shitbox killing myself and leaving it to the police etc to scrape pieces of me up off the road.

Last edited:
Shorter suspension can also be stiffer :p

9.5/10 car owners don't lower their cars at all, and the ones that do it for looks usually throw on some shiny rims or crappy bodykits or something...

Woohoo! I'm a half person!

Fuck off then.

:D

Seriously though, the car has driven 300 miles in the past 2 days. Motorways, Dual carriageways (A34 notoriously bad surfacing) and back roads, through towns, through cities ETC.

Never let me down, never had any problems. If anything it's good being low. I concentrate a lot more and drive much more carefully, yes I have to go slow down the odd road but you get used to it! At least I'm not in a 400bhp shitbox killing myself and leaving it to the police etc to scrape pieces of me up off the road.

Hey man, do what you gotta do. Believe you me, not everybody is a fan of my car. In fact, MOST people aren't a fan of my car, so I know how you're feeling. It's your car, do it up your style. In the end, you're the one driving it and so you're the one who has to be happy with it. :)

Hey man, do what you gotta do. Believe you me, not everybody is a fan of my car. In fact, MOST people aren't a fan of my car, so I know how you're feeling. It's your car, do it up your style. In the end, you're the one driving it and so you're the one who has to be happy with it. :)

Seconded. As someone who has given a fair amount of flak in the thread, i still agree with deltableh. It's your car, you have to like it, not me.

Woohoo! I'm a half person!

Yup :) That's the main thing. My choice of mods because I enjoy it. Some people actually like it! But most don't :p.

Oh and you have a Subaru? My friend has a gorgeous bugeye (No, seriously) that was in the biggest modified car magazine over here. You may like :)

Clicky.

You guys are all eating shit, if most 17 year olds (or any age for that matter) had as good taste as WirelessMonkey I would be pleasantly surprised. I don't understand how you could possibly think this car was in any way 'chav':blink: It's anti chav. Lowered on steel wheels is about as subtle as you can get. WirelessMonkey you should be proud of yourself mate, it is a rarity for youths of your age to have such good taste. Get some alloys on it I say! This scene is commonly known as 'Vdub' and is a tasteful form of modifying.