Car Toys Being Sold Due to Virus

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
So, due to this virus thingy causing all sorts of fiscal problems for so many of us, do you think a lot of people who have that summer car or 3rd car will sell to make ends meet? If so, are there any cars that are popping up in your area that you want to possibly snag for the low low price of "I need this gone because rent is due?"

Post them here!

One that caught my eye was a '49 Packard and a W8 Passat Wagon.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/niles-1949-packard-for-sale/7104992343.html

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/joliet-2003-volkswagen-passat-w8-4motion/7105778894.html

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Hell, my third motorcycle is currently for sale - granted I planned to sell it before, but I'm still listing it.
Anyone want a sweet ST1300? :LOL:

Tram13

When I saw this thread's title in the latest posts category, I thought it was going to be either someone selling their Hot Wheels collection or some children's toy cars...

On a more serious note, I had a little 'bet' with my friend, and that was whether the inevitable financial crisis will drive the price of cars that are relatively cheap already even further down. We're thinking of stuff such as E36s, 190E Mercs, Peugeot 106s and the like. He said it will be the people who drive such cars because they can't afford a better car that will be forced to sell the cars cheaply just to meet the ends. I somehow doubt that will bring the prices of cheap cars further down, but I'm no expert on used car value.

Also, one thing that should be noted is that used cars are somewhat more expensive in Croatia than they are in Western European markets, and even than in neighbouring Slovenia, for example. Should this mean that we'll finally get decent 1,000€ BMW E36s is still to be seen, as I think it's still too early to judge at this point of time. But I haven't seen any cars popping up for sale cheaply in the last few weeks, nor did I see huge discounts on cars that are already being sold, at least in the shitbox territory my friend and I are after.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I've thought about selling my Infiniti M30, but remembered it's not worth anything...

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Packard was a lot less cool looking than I anticipated, Passat looks like it's beaten to hell and the rims are fugly.