• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Car vs. Bike

iwantexige

Car(s)
1986 Yamaha FZ250; 2006 Buell XB12R
Ive been desperatly tryin to find out which episode had the race between a car and a bike. The car i think was a porsche 911 and the bike was a honda cbr600. Ive searched all da guides, maybe i overlooked it or its not there. could someone please tell me what episode was it that this race was held.

thnx

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
It's from Clarkson's "Head to Head" video.

BTW: The race was rigged. 8)

you wish,

when they shoot the video we see its always a rerun of the actual process, but they do do actual time trials, and the later clip does show the actual results, just in a safer then original format

OttobonTRD said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

you wish,

when they shoot the video we see its always a rerun of the actual process, but they do do actual time trials, and the later clip does show the actual results, just in a safer then original format

They didn't do time trials - that's why the 911 won. The bike was pushed into taking terrible lines. Also, at the final straight the 911 actually pulls away from the R1!?!?

Think about more recent car/bike tests: the cbr 600 was 7.5 seconds faster than the 996 911 turbo around the Top Gear test track, and the Duc999 beat the Gallardo around the tight track on 5th Gear.

Also, Kevin Schwartz raced a GSX-R 1000 against a Z06 around Willow Springs - the bike was 8 seconds faster per lap, and was faster around every corner but one.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
OttobonTRD said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

you wish,

They didn't do time trials - that's why the 911 won. The bike was pushed into taking terrible lines. Also, at the final straight the 911 actually pulls away from the R1!?!?

Think about more recent car/bike tests: the cbr 600 was 7.5 seconds faster than the 996 911 turbo around the Top Gear test track, and the Duc999 beat the Gallardo around the tight track on 5th Gear.

okay first off how do you KNOW they didnt do any time trials, i know from reading somebodies article who had their car on TG for a "generations games" they timed the cars multiple times, and then reran it for the camera, with slight exagerations so the veiwers could get the full effect

the difference in car and bike times is completly dependent on the track, put simply, the longer the straits the faster a bike will appear,

if i remember right the CBR600RR ran something >4 slower than the ariel atoms 19.5, so with 1:23.5 as the best possible, compared to a good handling car that has 1/3 the power to weight ratio and is only 3 seconds behind(Caymen S)

take one look at anglesey
anglesey.gif
and it becomes painfully obvious its not that twisty of a track compared to something like Grattan raceway in Michigan
grattan.gif
were a roadcar with 1/2 the power to weight ratio(C6 Corvette, Car And Driver) of a bike can get around at the same speed as the best bike ever recorded there(1:25 on a 1100cc bike)

production bikes will almost always knock on cars in acceleration, but cars will ALWAYS be able to toy with bikes in transitional cornering, braking(by miles), and slightly better in road holding

ive already researched this immensely so dont make me waste anymore of my time, and unlike clarkson im not anti-bike, so dont think im doing this completly because i hate bikes, i love bikes, its just some of bikers that put me off

okay well you have fun with your 2885 posts at a forum about a car show, maybe im not found of spell check but atleast i have a life

OttobonTRD said:
okay well you have fun with your 2885 posts at a forum about a car show

What? You're not having fun here? :lol:

fake fake :mrgreen:

From where is that race with Kevin Schwartz, i mean from what video?

OttobonTRD said:
okay well you have fun with your 2885 posts at a forum about a car show, maybe im not found of spell check but atleast i have a life
You're wicked cool. :roll:

OttobonTRD said:
:lol: Your life may want to learn how to read a post for you, because instead of refuting UKD's argument you just showed this forum you have an attention disorder. Anybody knows where to find that flash video that teaches people how to post ? He might need to see it.

vladmitu said:
Anybody knows where to find that flash video that teaches people how to post ?

Try searching you NOOB :bangin: (I'm being sarcastic of course)