Greetings, lip

I SEE IT! Its the "M" badge on the side :lol:

Some carbage coming right up:

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

ITS DTM, FOOL! :D

God that thing is hideous

^Looking at the lines of the window, yes. Front lights from Vectra, rear lights from Astra Sedan. Poor car.

There's a shortage of Carbon fibre and that twat uses it on an Accord, its an old mans car!

there is?? :?

don't know exactly how they make it, but i mean...it's carbon, not exactly a material we're short off on earth

^Looking at the lines of the window, yes. Front lights from Vectra, rear lights from Astra Sedan. Poor car.

:lol:

The car is an Chevrolet Omega using front lights from a Ford Fusion, rear lights from Astra Sedan, front grill from Chevy Blazer/S10 , sky window from Fiat Stilo and rims from the Stock Car Lancer Evolution V8... what a mix!

I still don't get why you need to make the fact it is carbon fibre blatantly obvious, there is never anyone who thinks, "no i will just do it for the performance and not make it stupidly plain that i like showing off me carbon fibre wing mirrors"

I still think pure carbon fibre is nicer than paint. Like on the Pagani Zonda F the bare carbon looks stunning.

I'll give you that, all carbon on many cars looks good.

But when you say get a carbon fibre hood and boot for your M3 which is maybe a lighter colour, what is exactly wrong with getting the parts the correct color to your car... you don't go any faster with the cf showed to everyone, you're after performance...

there is?? :?

don't know exactly how they make it, but i mean...it's carbon, not exactly a material we're short off on earth

It's expensive because they make it much like Fiberglass is made. Strips of carbon thread are kind of molded like paper mache and woven with something else I think, and then baked in an oven with the mold to make the shape permanent.

^that wasn't my question

and i think making carbon fibre is waaay more expensive than the moulding they do with it afterwards

what wiki has to say
Each carbon filament is made out of long, thin filaments of carbon sometimes transformed to graphite. A common method of making carbon filaments is the oxidation and thermal pyrolysis of polyacrylonitrile (PAN), a polymer based on acrylonitrile used in the creation of synthetic materials. Like all polymers, polyacrylonitrile molecules are long chains, which are aligned in the process of drawing continuous filaments. A common method of manufacture involves heating the PAN to approximately 300 ?C in air, which breaks many of the hydrogen bonds and oxidizes the material. The oxidized PAN is then placed into a furnace having an inert atmosphere of a gas such as argon, and heated to approximately 2000 ?C, which induces graphitization of the material, changing the molecular bond structure. When heated in the correct conditions, these chains bond side-to-side (ladder polymers), forming narrow graphene sheets which eventually merge to form a single, jelly roll-shaped or round filament. The result is usually 93-95% carbon. Lower-quality fiber can be manufactured using pitch or rayon as the precursor instead of PAN. The carbon can become further enhanced, as high modulus, or high strength carbon, by heat treatment processes. Carbon heated in the range of 1500-2000 ?C (carbonization) exhibits the highest tensile strength (820,000 psi or 5,650 MPa or 5,650 N/mm?), while carbon fiber heated from 2500 to 3000 ?C (graphitizing) exhibits a higher modulus of elasticity (77,000,000 psi or 531 GPa or 531 kN/mm?).

531kN/mm? :eek: that's a lot!

but anti-net was insinuating they are short on ground products to make it, which i don't realy beleive

Last edited: