Carbage

oh, and also, I drove behind an X6 today. The uglyness is even worse in real life. If ever there were a thread for this car, this is it.

Of course, it came in the "cock special" colour, which is bright red/orange metallic.

Don't you just hate this "all show, no go" -tuning ? What's the point? I see everyday these 1.6l fwd powerhouses with a awful bolt-on-bodykit and a fart can in the rear, i just don't get it :?

I actually really like Mk4 Supras and R32-R34 skylines and others turbocharged japanese cars, even when they're tuned, but usually they're modded with style, and there's punch under the hood.

Just look at this S14 200SX drifter.
HPIM3249.jpg

And then compare it to this eclipse. There's a big difference in good and bad tuning :p
Kuva0153.jpg

oh, and also, I drove behind an X6 today. The uglyness is even worse in real life. If ever there were a thread for this car, this is it.

I know, it looks so much worse in real life than than on pictures. BUT, assuming it was the 4.4v8TT, it sounds sooooooooooo awesome!

There are quiet a few Mercs and Hondas running those stainless steel fenders....

To see stainless steel fenders, go to China. At every traffic light, you'll spot one car with tacked on with it.

Of course, it came in the "cock special" colour, which is bright red/orange metallic.

BMW actually sold one? Wow

There are a lot of them popping up here in Melbourne as well.

Hell, if the X6 hadn't cost more than a 730Li, but instead priced closer to the X3/X5, my dad was only signing the chequebook from getting the car. We all liked the way is looks like a baby dinosaur, small-looking but ferocious, and of course, menacing, not hideous. Plus, the wheels were awesomely oversized and the wheel arches super upsized.

Are we the only one who think that the X6 looks good?

Hell, if the X6 hadn't cost more than a 730Li, but instead priced closer to the X3/X5, my dad was only signing the chequebook from getting the car. We all liked the way is looks like a baby dinosaur, small-looking but ferocious, and of course, menacing, not hideous. Plus, the wheels were awesomely oversized and the wheel arches super upsized.

Are we the only one who think that the X6 looks good?

Actually i like it too. It's so different, in a good way. I even might buy one over the X5 if i would be looking for an SUV/SAV, and i wouldn't be the only one to make that choice. Actually i thought that it was ugly at the start, but when you start to see them everyday, you'll get used to it, and now i actually think it's a handsome and crazy looking car, in a good way of course. And pretty fast with all of the engines, excpecially with the 4.4 twin-turbo V8 pushing out 400Hp (that's more than the E46 M3, or the E39 M5) But, the stock rims are hideous, id change them and the look of the car would change totally.

Last edited:
At least Californians are smarter in their car choices (with the exclusion of the Prius). I've only spotted one when I was at the Burbank Airport

Don't lie, you just tax by horsepower ;) If you convert that 4.4l V8 to LPG you should pay very little indeed. :D

Well, the 4.4 costs 297 euros per year here, so not exactly cheap... but people apparently still go and buy it.

Anyways, I heard BMW is putting the engine into the X5 now as well, so no need to buy the double-onion car in order to get the sound.

EDIT: then again, the diesel costs 463.20 euros per year, however it will of course get well better mileage.

over in .be land

a BMW X 4.4 V8 would cost :

77.250? to buy the car (standard, no options)
4.957? (!!!) one time registry fee
1.986,07? annual (!!) road tax

so, yeah we're getting screwed

By contrast, an X635d would be :

66.700? to buy the car
1.239? one time registry fee
702,05? annual road tax

and yes, diesel is still 20% cheaper to buy than petrol, as an added bonus

In short : the people who are buying 4.4l V8s in this country are either very stupid, very rich, or both
If these people are buying X6s, they're in the stupid category by default

over in .be land

a BMW X 4.4 V8 would cost :

77.250? to buy the car (standard, no options)
4.957? (!!!) one time registry fee
1.986,07? annual (!!) road tax

so, yeah we're getting screwed

By contrast, an X635d would be :

66.700? to buy the car
1.239? one time registry fee
702,05? annual road tax

and yes, diesel is still 20% cheaper to buy than petrol, as an added bonus

In short : the people who are buying 4.4l V8s in this country are either very stupid, very rich, or both
If these people are buying X6s, they're in the stupid category by default

Yet you are still ignoring the LPG conversion (who says you need to use it :p) Doesn't that have a flat road tax fee? Not so sure how the registration fee will change, but please don't ever tell a dutchman how to avoid taxes...:lol: