Carbage

Has that second one got anything to do with Hog's Breath Cafe?

Has that second one got anything to do with Hog's Breath Cafe?

More likely the University of Arkansas sports program. It's a pretty good replica of their mascot namesake, the Razorback. And, honestly, as a representative of redneck football culture, it's very good quality. On a redneck sliding scale, it might be worthy of the Awesome Thread.

I can kind of understand that, if they're in a country where Mercedes theft ownership is endemic. At least you'll be able to find your car in the parking lot. This also seems to apply on Planet California, where silver CLSes blend in to the background.

I love it when the butchers said:

We definitely don't like painting cars this scheme but it was done for a special reason for the owner.

So the owner has special needs. That's a nice way of saying the owner's a retard.

There aren't enough of these for all of us^^ In fact, I've only seen these right after they came out, they seemed to disappear very fast, maybe many of them were converted to one-tone?
If I remember correctly, a lot were given away by a fast food company, so the owners didn't chose the color scheme...

"Herstellerfarbbezeichnung:
Blau-Gr?n-Gelb-Rot"

:lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
No Problem: 4 guys buy 4 Polos in different colors, then swap the parts^^

Thats how they were made originally

Volkswagen originally created the Design series to tour at International Auto shows. Due to the huge public response of the original four Design series, 60 more were produced. Eventually, 264 were made and offered in 1996, exclusively in the North American market.

Based on the 1996 Golf GL platform, the Harlequin model included: limited edition Harlequin paint scheme, limited edition Harlequin sport cloth seats, and silver-faced gauges. They were offered with several different wheel options.

One of the rarest VWs ever produced, the Harlequins were produced by swapping the body panels of four different colored Golfs. They are usually designated by their base color (the color of the car with no body panels attached). The base color is not repeated on any of the other body parts.

So there was a Golf too? Never saw one of these :)
And it seems they kept the same Color Combinations for the Polo^^

But I just can't believe they swapped panels, the body and the panels are painted separately, right? So why shouldn't they just screw the yellow bumper to the red car right from the start? :)

So there was a Golf too? Never saw one of these :)
And it seems they kept the same Color Combinations for the Polo^^

But I just can't believe they swapped panels, the body and the panels are painted separately, right? So why shouldn't they just screw the yellow bumper to the red car right from the start? :)

I actually never knew there was a Polo until now.

Seems like they were just about 20 Polos for car shows at first, not meant to be sold, an the Colors were a bit different...

As people really liked the Harlekin (<-- no typo, but german ^^) and even a few were painted that way (not by VW), VW decided in '94 to put 1.000 Herlekins into Production :)

So the Polo is the Ur-Herlekin / Harlequin and the Golf followed :)