Carbage

lol wut? These things are hideous on Beetles or Twingos, but putting them on a van is a whole new level...

19-06-12_1830.jpg

...and just because I hate it so much and would like to pumble everyone who bought one, here's a Hummer (I need to vent).

Hummer%20H2%20Big%20Homie.jpg

Believe it or not I saw one of these down in Moab not long after they came out. Stupid wheels, two-tone custom paint, idiotic sliders, chromed shackles, the works. He had it parked in front of a restaurant surrounded by dirty Discoveries, Jeeps, 4Runners, and Land Cruisers; all with mud, dust and trail damage. A bunch of us rolled in at about the same time for dinner and couldn't believe what we were seeing. We started trying to take photos of this thing in the fading light.

Then, the owner comes out. Grinning ear-to-ear seeing everyone taking photos of his "rig", proud as a new mommy at all the attention. He starts telling everyone about the rims, the paint, how much the chrome shackles cost him "for pulling stuff". He was completely oblivious to the fact that it was all we could do not laugh out loud at how clueless he was.

One guy asked what trails he had been on, apparently "the one around Arches [National Park]" was the only one he had driven.... it's a paved road!

lol wut? These things are hideous on Beetles or Twingos, but putting them on a van is a whole new level...

19-06-12_1830.jpg

Putting those on my dad's Multivan. Stat.

Believe it or not I saw one of these down in Moab not long after they came out. Stupid wheels, two-tone custom paint, idiotic sliders, chromed shackles, the works. He had it parked in front of a restaurant surrounded by dirty Discoveries, Jeeps, 4Runners, and Land Cruisers; all with mud, dust and trail damage. A bunch of us rolled in at about the same time for dinner and couldn't believe what we were seeing. We started trying to take photos of this thing in the fading light.

Then, the owner comes out. Grinning ear-to-ear seeing everyone taking photos of his "rig", proud as a new mommy at all the attention. He starts telling everyone about the rims, the paint, how much the chrome shackles cost him "for pulling stuff". He was completely oblivious to the fact that it was all we could do not laugh out loud at how clueless he was.

One guy asked what trails he had been on, apparently "the one around Arches [National Park]" was the only one he had driven.... it's a paved road!

I had the chance to talk to a sales person about the Hummer away from the dealership once. She only sold Hummers and was in charge of the group events for the dealership. She had to talk about how excellent they were off road and how often they do events with them. I asked where they were going to and she described a trail that had all sorts of obstacles and dangerous off camber situations and even some (her word) gnarly rock climbing. She was also slightly vague about where this was until I pushed her and it turns out that the awesome trail she had just described is a fire road that I used on a regular basis... in my two wheel drive van. There is a river at the end of one of the trails that I have never been across (that is where I drop the canoe/kayak and go via water) and I asked if they cross it at all. She said no, the insurance company for the dealership would not allow that to happen because of the possible dangers. At this point it was all I could do to keep from laughing my ass off (the river is about 1.5-2 feet deep most of the time). I asked when the next time they were going, I wanted to follow them in the van and mock them but I had to work. :(

Last edited:
Heh, I'm pretty sure my Cavalier has seen more mud, rocks, and vegetation than all the Hummers combined! :p
...did some very mild mud bogging (open field with some dirt trails that had turned to mud with all the rain we had the days prior) in it about a year ago. My brother can vouch for me, he saw the mess I made. The underside of my car was caked in mud for about a week 'cause I was too lazy to wash it. :lol:

...why the hell didn't I take pictures? :wall:

I work with a Squid who has one and last week he was still bitching about gas prices. I lit into him, no one who drives a vehicle that gets at most 12 mpg has any right to complain about gas prices ever. Even one of my co-workers who daily drives a V-10 pickup told him to STFU.

I work with a Squid who has one and last week he was still bitching about gas prices. I lit into him, no one who drives a vehicle that gets at most 12 mpg has any right to complain about gas prices ever. Even one of my co-workers who daily drives a V-10 pickup told him to STFU.

THIS!

Invisible rep for you! :thumbup:

I asked for a 10 second car, not a 10 minute car.