Carbage

Closest it got to that was me making the Team America hand signal when I first saw it.

Vito with cheesy chrome wheels... :?

The new ECTO 1 from the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot.....

CJW6vnDWcAATGo5.jpg

Surely they could have stayed true to the original and tracked down a Miller-Meteor Futura?

I have never seen a hearse with a red top.

But with that being said, it is keeping with the original story line in a way. They bought a 25ish year old hearse and used it. Looks like the same is happening in the reboot. :dunno:

Not one, but two carbage-d Golfs...

Unfortunately I didn't manage to take a pic of a BMW E46 with M-badge in the back and fake M3-vents on the side. It was a standard 3-series without M-package...

I have never seen a hearse with a red top.

But with that being said, it is keeping with the original story line in a way. They bought a 25ish year old hearse and used it. Looks like the same is happening in the reboot. :dunno:

I was always under the impression the original Ecto was an Ambulance when they bought it, not a hearse, that would also explains the red tailfins.

That thing MWF posted looks like shit....honestly, it looks like a bad 1000 bucks 'replica' throw together for a yoke....

In the movie, it was a hearse.
In reality, it was an ambulance to begin with, that they painted black for its first appearance in the movie.

Actually, prior to the 1970s, it wasn't all that unusual for a hearse to double as the town ambulance. Being large vehicles, they were an attractive option when you needed to transport patients on stretchers. Some hearses were even built specifically so they could serve as a hearse or an an ambulance with some quick alterations (sometimes referred to as "combination cars"). In some cases, the funeral homes themselves ran the ambulance service...

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the life Ecto-1 lived before being bought by the Ghostbusters.

Surely they could have stayed true to the original and tracked down a Miller-Meteor Futura?

I kind of like it.

This one was great. Not only is it a yellow BMW Z3 with M badges and hideous gold-chrome wheels, it was driven by a club-techno blasting roid muncher who was heading to the 24-hour gym. The number plate was just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

CJW6vnDWcAATGo5.jpg

That looks like a 24 Hours of LeMons version of the real ECTO 1.

The first stanced-out Hellaflush y0 Supra that I've ever seen, I think. And I was always happy that car got away with it.

Fuck that guy. I do respect quite a lot when it comes to car culture, except for that bullshit.