Carbage

Bugatti (MG) Veyron... anyone interested?:?

8589307.jpg

8589324.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C855376

Wow. Just wow. I have no words.

Last edited:
[*]The suspension had been lowered to a point where it was no longer meeting regulations for minimum ground clearance

there is a regulation about ground clearance???
i know the headlights can't be below a certain height, but they actually care how low your bumpers/sideskirts come???

Why wouldn't there be one? Imagine a rough road or a road under construction - what if a car bottoms out and holds up traffic? Could cause hazards - imagine an ambulance wanting to go through but he can't, because there's a hellaflushed-to-hell-and-back Civic in the middle of an intersection.

Austria is even worse. They sometimes don't even allow to lower your car.

Anyway many "Tuner" guys ignore this, which lead to hilarious results with stanced Micras getting stuck on a sleeping policeman xD :D. Or when a bagged car sending off sparks everywhere on some "not so flat paved" backroads :lol:.

Austria is even worse. They sometimes don't even allow to lower your car.

no one said anything about lowering your car, it's about ground clearance
like when you attach large sideskirts to you car, even with stock suspension...

no one said anything about lowering your car, it's about ground clearance
like when you attach large sideskirts to you car, even with stock suspension...

Well, there's also the other side of the argument. If you don't have a set minimum ride height, how would you stop idiots claiming compensation when they inevitably break their car on some bump other cars clear without issues.

8cm here btw, the last time I checked.

Last edited:
To my surprise I just looked up "minimum vehicle ground clearance in Germany" and discovered that there is no defined value.

There is a guideline that vehicles should be able to pass over an obstacle that is 110 mm high and 800 mm long without touching it.

Here is just states: "no modification from original factory characteristics is permitted."
So, pretty much: Fuck you, you can't do that.

Here in Denmark, your headlight should bee at least 50 cm above the pavement. If it got a T?v, you can get it inspected as road worthy.

Isn't 8 cm way more than sports/hypercars have? Or don't they count as they're factory? A Veyron in its super topspeed mode is super low to the ground IIRC

Just googled it and its 9 cm default and 6,6 in hyperdrive mode. So technically illegal?

it's illegal to activate it on public roads i guess
just like you can't drive the P1 in track mode on public roads...

i just vomited a little... How the hell is 2 spokes in a wheel that large even safe?

Wheels are quite tough. The (in comparison) small axle and the wheel mounting points will give in long before the wheel itself does, even on such an ugly design as this.

My impression of these guys is that they're dealing hard drugs and are not to be messed with. Don't know why.