Carolla gives a few more details about TGA on carcast

Thanks for that.

I like Carolla's take on the whole "can't insult your sponsors" idea; it's kind of reassuring.

I really hope this attempt at TGUS works. Although I do admit I didn't have a problem with the original three hosts.

Interesting, from what he says at the end, he doesn't know if he's going to be a part of it, "Maybe I'll be a part of it". I thought it was a sure thing he was in there.

Interesting, from what he says at the end, he doesn't know if he's going to be a part of it, "Maybe I'll be a part of it". I thought it was a sure thing he was in there.

It was before. But NBC(?) is picking up a show that Carolla is producing. He may not have enough time to do both shows this fall.

It's really too bad that the show will be without Adam. The show needs someone with some personality, someone who has strong opinions and is able to communicate them with a natural vibe. With most of the other Top Gear and Fifth Gear shows, the reviewers either come off as flat and lifeless, or fake as they're trying too hard to be Clarkson-esque.

I don't think it's chances are good without Adam.

With most of the other Top Gear and Fifth Gear shows, the reviewers either come off as flat and lifeless, or fake as they're trying too hard to be Clarkson-esque.

Couldn't agree more...it's like watching a bad review of a car from some out of the blue car review company on YouTube...only with a higher budget. If it does finally make it to America...hopefully the choose some hosts with a bit of life and character.

Yeeeeouch. At least it was Tanner in and not Random Prius Guy.

I wonder if any of the Mythbusters crew has some spare time.

I think Derek D from fast lane daily would make a perfect top gear host. He even half joked about it on the episode where they talked about TGUS coming to the history channel