carrera gt vs a wall

bahnstormer

And that's why I don't ever want a mid-engined car, they try to kill you.

There is a HUGE amount of debris! the passengers side must be shredded.

Both men were wearing helmets and safety belts but the car was doing more than 100 mph when it crashed, authorities said.

R.I.P.

Leppy said:
What was a porsche doing at a Ferrari Club day??

The passenger was a guy interested in buyin a CGT. The driver (Ben) was so kind to make a drive in his CGT. While travelling at a speed of +150MPH a ferrari came onto the track. Ben had to swirve to avoid the car, lost control and hit the retaining wall. Apperently the impact was such that the wall moved 4-6 feet. The passenger compartment was intact in looking at the pics but the shear g forces must have been what caused the most damage to Ben and his occupant.
It's been on every forum about now. A lot of people are touched by it. Ben leaves a wife and little girl behind. I have to say, I don't know the guy, but I'm also very touched by it. Very sad. My My condolences go out to his wife,baby, family, friends...

@bone: a little more respect, will you. :thumbsdown:

Greetz Johan

:( RIP.. sad story.

this track should have more security..
.. 5 dead people in 8 years: that's a lot !

BTW, so sad for the 2 guys... :(

jasonchiu said:
i bet the ferrai drive wants to kill himself
was gonna say that.. maybe a n00b that came in the track in a wrong way.. or maybe just a mistake, in any case the outcome sucked :(

jasonchiu said:
i bet the ferrai drive wants to kill himself

He might feel guilty, but it's nobody's fault here. It may could be prevented, but that's for the control tower. The ferrari driver couldn't know Ben was travelling so fast at that location. It's a track. But I wasn't there, so I don't know how it exactly went.

Greetz Johan

clem said:
this track should have more security..
.. 5 dead people in 8 years: that's a lot !

BTW, so sad for the 2 guys... :(

I believe the Ring (Nordschleife) has a lot more. It's always a risk. You might think that driving on a track is safe, but then you're wrong. You might say they need more security, but it's still up to the drivers to know what he/she and the car can handle.

Greetz Johan

Well, if I was gonna go out, I'd at least wanna go out driving fast.

so people dying on a racetrack is usual...
not my opinion tough :thumbsdown:

clem said:
so people dying on a racetrack is usual...
not my opinion tough :thumbsdown:

No but you choose to go FAST and seek danger. If you are going 150mph (100mph in this case) no protection will help. It's just a risk, but still sad.