Cars, bikes and other vehicles in HDR (photos)

niccce

This thread is for some nice vehicle HDR images.

The rules : ( please read before posting )
  • On-topic images only.
  • HDR images only ( tone mapped single-exposure HDRIs are arguable ).
  • Strictly follow the rules of imaging resources ( i.e. if it says that reposted image should always link to whatever page it says, then it should ).
  • Please state clearly whether the image is taken by yourself or is courtesy of third parties.
  • Images should have reasonable size ( both KB- and dimension-wise ).

If you don't know what HDRI is, see wiki.

Couple of HDRI howtos :

HDR Tutorial (Photomatix)
FAQ - HDR images for Photography
Merge to HDR in Photoshop CS2
Modern HDR photography, a how-to or Saturday morning relaxation
One more HDR Tutorial

Ah I see you linked to my guide. Hope you guys find it useful :) As for those 2 shots I think they're a bit ott for my tastes. Its like they've put everything on max and hoped for the best. This is how I use HDR.

hdr-s2000-00.jpg

One from me

jeep-HDR.jpg

^that looks like 3D, cool pic

Im guessing the only way to 'make' these pics is by owning a really good camera. Am I right?

Read my guide. As long as your camera shoots RAW or you can take 3 pics underexposed, overexposed and a normal one then it'll work. Just that with digital compacts the noise will be hideous.

thanks but its just that I dont have a great camera. Its a bit crap. :lol: I doubt it will be able to do the taking 3 pics or RAW stuff

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Speedtouch: What camera do you use?

I dont know. But it cost less than ?100. I think thats enough. I want a new (very good) camera but I am saving up for a HD TV. So yer. Its a Samsung. I know that much. and i know its crap.

...This is how I use HDR.

Wow. I mean :clap: :bow: :thumbup: You site is incredible as well. Simple and clean. Well done.

Any more HDR pics? I think this will make me go back to car shows again. To shoot HDR.

Last edited: