Cars, bikes and other vehicles in HDR (photos)

I think this one turned out ok :)
ramblerHDRsmall2.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.**/img529/7442/set01enhancer3fromdsc00hz0.jpg

so if i want to do this HDR stuff right... its best to just take multiple exposures?

so i put my car in a car park, then shoot it. then again at what -1/3 ev? then -2/3 or something? then merge them in photoshop cs2?

im guessing theres a blending technique to use, do you have to rub out? or mask things off? never got the hang of that.

There's a bunch of great tutorials on the first page that should give you your answers.

I normally use the auto-bracketing feature, to shoot at 0, -2 and +2 EV. Then combine in either Photoshop or Photomatix. Normally just use the automatic blending, but if I don't like the results but really like the image sometimes I'll use layers and go through and do things manually... normally too much work though.

Man I need one of those. Saw plenty at Ingolstadt, and I really love that thing.

Here's a little experiment I did today with desaturation and HDR. Since black and white film offers more range, I figured that if I desaturated my images before doing the HDR thing it would turn out more like real BnW.

I'm pretty pleased with the result:
HDR7-bnwsm.jpg

Nice. That really does look more realistic than a simple HDR, then B&W.

1128096577_a6bcb610b8_o.jpg

Wow ! those photo's are awsome the Focus one i am a fan of as it displays what can be done, but the MX-5 shot is breathtaking and shows how a clinical use can bring the best out. I am going to look more on these type of images up

Here are a few pics from SVTPerformance.com (where I was introduced to HDRI)
The pics are not mine, they are from the guy whose site is in the bottom corner
camscobra3.jpg

mygti4.jpg

Those last 2 look like they came out of a "Need for Speed" game or something...

Here are a few pics from SVTPerformance.com (where I was introduced to HDRI)
The pics are not mine, they are from the guy whose site is in the bottom corner
camscobra3.jpg

mygti4.jpg

those trump everything! Seriously better then what magazine photographers are usually up to, Id be suprised if that guy doesn't or isn't already working for a mag.