Cars I want to see on Top Gear: America...

International MXT, Hummer H1, Ford Excursion

MXT

H1

Excursion
2000-04_Ford_Excursion.jpg

I'd like to see some Ford F-150s crushing Ferraris for stealing the F-150 name.

Only flatter, more like in these videos:

Edit: They would, of course, have to be Ferraris of lesser value. Cars like the 312 Mondial, 308 GT4, etc.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a whole review on the CTS-V line up, coupe, sedan and wagon. This will be interesting if we can compare it to a similar car. Would be a fun race too, best way to transport a package.

Rally car challenge - X amount of money to buy and build a race ready rally car. This would be interesting since we have Subaru, Mitsubishi, Audi, etc. I'm pretty sure Ken Block or Dave Mirra would be of some help if the the hosts can ask for it.

American vs Japanese vs German Luxury car comparison - who makes the best Luxury car for US consumers. This could be a new car comparison or a challenge (which host can design and build a better luxury car. This would be similar to Jeremy Clarkson's Merc build)

$25,000-$30,000 comparison, GTi, WRX, Mazdaspeed 3, Lancer, Civic Si, Mini, Focus, etc etc.

Ultimate Aero SSC vs Veyron SS

Rally car challenge - X amount of money to buy and build a race ready rally car. This would be interesting since we have Subaru, Mitsubishi, Audi, etc. I'm pretty sure Ken Block or Dave Mirra would be of some help if the the hosts can ask for it.

Tanner would have too much of an advantage.

Also, they need to feature the DeLorean in at least one segment. Hell, you can still get a brand new(ish) today.

They already did in the race to Key West.

I'd like to see a "soft-roader" Challenge with a Subaru Forester, Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4. Much like the Australia TG version.........but in Moab on some of the harder rated trails. That could be interesting.

I'd also like to see more of the Dodge Viper (specifically, the record setting ACR-X):

2010-dodge-viper-ACR-x-front-view-static.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, I think its good to show the world that we like our cars, but I don't want this to be the muscle car hour. I'd rather see some more rare cars in the states so that people here get to see new and unique things and learn a bit more about car culture in general, instead of "so this year, the mustang/camaro/charger/challenger has more power" over and over.

I could not agree more. I like the US version but if it came down to a TG US episode being on at the same thime the UK version is I will always pick the UK version. Even if it is a rerun. I feel like I have seen it all before on the american version. I read somewhere awhile back that TG US is bringing american to the TG world and that is great but I would love to see some variety for us TG vets. All I see on the US TG is American Muscle cars.

Either way they both are great shows. I am sorry AUS but I could not get into your TOP GEAR. Not sure why though. Still need to see the other ones.

My dad was a Chrysler guy when I was a kid, which kind of trickled down to me, with my first car being a Dodge and all. I still have an affection for the Pentastar, even to the point that I considered getting an Avenger when I bought the Fit. So I'd like to see a combination of what was proposed above: a road trip of Chrysler Past (K-car) versus Chrysler Near-Past (Merc era Neon) versus Chrysler Present (gotta be the 200, since it's getting slammed in reviews). They pretty much ignored Chrysler in the first season, so let's see what they're going to do this year.

Ignored Chrysler? The first thing they did was review / race around a Georgia town in a Dodge Viper.

A car that was in its death throes and was acknowledged as such by the presenters. Chrysler had a grand total of two, count 'em, two cars in the first season: a dying car that's as representative of Chrysler as the LFA is of Lexus, and Rut's sad-ass high-school-jock pickup. Compared to GM and Ford, they were ignored. There was so much GM and Ford around that I sometimes wondered if I was watching missing episodes of Top Gear Australia. They were called the Big Three for a reason: there were three of them, not two.

Last edited:
All I see on the US TG is American Muscle cars.

I don't know what you've been watching, but US S1 didn't feature or review an American muscle car at all! The UK version, on the other hand, has reviewed and featured several of them.

They need to show off the Evora!

The Evora's already been on the show. 1x06.

Last edited:
I don't know what you've been watching, but US S1 didn't feature or review an American muscle car at all!

Ford Thunderbird (1x03), Pontiac Fierro(1x05), Ford Mustang Boss(forgot which episode) (granted, it didn't have an engine), and (arguably) Dodge Viper(1x01) (but that's more a supercar IMO).

edit: Ooh ooh! Forgot the Oldsmobile Cutlas (1x05).

Last edited:
Ford Thunderbird (1x03), Pontiac Fierro(1x05)Dodge Viper(1x01)

I think you're confused, none of these have V8's, are are as such, not muscle cars. Even if they had V8's, the Thunderbird and Fiero wouldnt be muscle cars.

PS: The Camaro and Mustang are not muscle cars either unless they have a Big block, and even than the jury is still out.

... Ok, I'll grant you the those, but the Cutlass means my point still stands.

And yes, you're right. The Mustang is a pony car, not a muscle car.

Last edited: