Cars I want to see on Top Gear: America...

I was watching that episode with James may and the new Land Rover (TGUK), and when those crazy dune buggies appeared I thought: "Hey, TGUS could do a segment with the buggies as main stars"

5954996073_ddb93da196_z.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know what would be funny as hell? They did that, and came across someone lost in a Rover and show him the way to Vegas, all without revealing who it was.

It seems that LFA #032 is being prepped for its appearance on TGA! :cool: The car is currently black but it's being wrapped in yellow vinyl to make the car stand out during filming.

I can't wait to see this one!

only if it's Kyle Busch's :lol:

and I agree with Maxillius...the Taurus was horrible.

Last edited:
I know that there really hasn't been that many cars on the test track yet, but I'm surprised (and happy, being a MOPAR man!) that the Viper ACR is still at the top of the board. Here's hoping that federally-mandated traction control and higher fuel standards don't kill all the sledgehammer ruthlessness of the next Viper.

I know that there really hasn't been that many cars on the test track yet, but I'm surprised (and happy, being a MOPAR man!) that the Viper ACR is still at the top of the board. Here's hoping that federally-mandated traction control and higher fuel standards don't kill all the sledgehammer ruthlessness of the next Viper.

So long as it can be turned off at the flick of a switch, I'm not too worried.

So long as it can be turned off at the flick of a switch, I'm not too worried.

And I shouldn't be either. A quick read of the regulation gives manufacturers the right to install a kill switch; but in today's nanny state, who knows what may happen?

And that Viper better have a huge V10! Size matters dammit!

A V10 with maybe some tech built into it; Clarkson commented how a Euro engineer would have gotten a damn sight more HP out of it than 600.

Just read on Wikipedia that 50 Vipers will be made in 2012, and then its done forever due to stability control. No reference for that, but...

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs. Ford Mustang GT500 vs. Jaguar XKR-S

Edit: I had the Aston Martin DBS as the third car but, to get anywhere near to the performance of the other two, the third car would have to be the XKR-S. The Dodge Challenger, as powerful as it is, is not a contender in this.

Last edited:
How about some of those real cool police cruiser that are roaming the earth now. They could get hold of some of them and go head to head.

2010_Chevy_Camaro_Police_Ca.jpg

My local PD has started replacing their tired old Crown Vics with the new Charger. Three words: SUUUUH WEEEEEE TAAAAH!!

Can't find an image, but found this link about the new Charger Pursuit: http://www.fox14tv.com/story/15532646/2012-dodge-charger-pursuit-sets-new-performance-benchmarks-in-police-vehicle-segment

Our State Troopers have Chargers and Fairbanks has been replacing their cruiser with Chargers. The meanist looking of the Troopers and City Police are the Black DWI enforcement Cruisers. Once interesting bit of trivia about the State Troopers Vehicles is they all have flat black hoods. This is to help keep the glare down that comes with having the sun on the horizon for many hours.
5076004088_898b476ec0.jpg

Last edited:
Tanner testing a BMW M3 coupe against the Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca around Laguna Seca to test the claim that the Laguna Seca edition of the Mustang is faster.

Last edited: