Cars in Downtown San Francisco, CA USA

Cheers for the porshe. I've been to a few cities in america now and SF is by far my favorite.

lol dude, you work south of market sorta? All these shots are from that general area since I saw folsom st and the trains...

God i miss SF. Yea seeing those cars isn't such an EXCITING thing in my life when I lived there.... now in madison, i'd be lucky to see a mercedes S or an m3!

Cheers for the porshe. I've been to a few cities in america now and SF is by far my favorite.

Yeah, I take the train and walk to First and Market for class, or to 9th for my film developer, or in between for the heck of it. Its a lot of fun chasing the cars for good shots. Saw a brand new 599 last time too but the picture was poor.

Glad you like the Porsche, and good photochoppers want to remove the coffee cup? :)

[edit] well, photoshop to the rescue. Its Actually a 612 but I really like how the post processing worked on the shot. It has something of the push processing feel to it. I can't really say why but I really like the feel.
612Scag.jpg

The Shot still sucks though.

Last edited:
I tried to remove the coffee cup and failed miserably.

I love that volvo 240 hehe.

Thanks but I just googled it, and I was wrong its not a 240 :blink: anyone know which model it is? I've always been impressed by the fast brick guys who tweak Volvos. Nothing says do-it-all-at-mach-2 like a 850t5R wagon or pumped up turbo 5 cyl. :cool: It must be fun to blow the doors off a mustang in your 'bland' wagon.

If I had the guts, and wasn't 6'4'' / 1.9m, I'd have one of these:
748.jpg

330i Late at night. Working on getting the nose focus to follow...
330i.jpg

More 2 wheel fun.
Yamaha1.jpg

One of my favorite cars. Will replace my 5 someday.
740i.jpg

Found one more. If you owned this, would you take the train to work?
ZHP.jpg

Two more weeks of school left!

Last edited:
I'm listening to Matt Monro "On Days Like These" while I work on the next batch of pics...

[edit: finished!] Ok, a few beers and some food later. You have your last batch of Cars from the Streets of San Francisco from me going to this class. So, here we go:

I know there are some air cooled among us.
SuperVW.jpg

I think this has the PASM suspension.
PASMBox.jpg

Going to work in style.
Audi2.jpg

Nice wheels! [Not mine]
BMW5.jpg

And then the train came, onwards!
Train.jpg

And for the rest.
M3Morning.jpg

Unless your like me.
StreetCar.jpg

Or do you have a job testing new cars? (VW Eros & not in US yet yeah?)
Eros.jpg

First Scion I really liked. Nice sounds too.
xA.jpg

And that was that for the morning... some dude tried to jank my camera when I was taking shots of the Vw Eos (eros?) so thats the only one I got. Jerk. 5p rolls around and here we go agin.
Ew.
Hmmvw.jpg

Not Ew.
Daytona.jpg

A4 Powah. I like I like.
A4Plus.jpg

Nice plate, questionable mods.
offone.jpg

I remember some Brit digging this old girl.
JCMBZ.jpg

American Fast: In a straight line.
NeonSVT.jpg

Aaaaah.

This daylight savings really digs into my shooting time, I get out of class just as magic hour is dwindeling. Anyway, I think I'll keep shooting cars while I'm working in the area but I'm not heading up there for this class anymore... we are back on campus for the final next week.

I'm only making small images due to the resize of the forum, so if you want larger images ask. :)

Last edited:
I love the old 7-Series too... soo sleek. Post bigger pic por favor? The Porsche was great but the coffee cup pissed me off so I went back to my old wallpaper.

Well it does have a Toyota badge on its behind... :lmao:

yeah... well. At least they are close.

scion__general_wht_badge.jpg

Bah, they are all Toyotas anyway. :p And when did the Yaris make it to the US? I feel so out of it. Damn, school. No time for the important things. :)

I don't know about the US, but in Canada the Yaris replaced the ECHO... which is a good thing, seems like a much better car. The ECHO was stupid looking and I never got why the names was in all caps.

Gawd. The ECHO. Uuuugh. One of the most hidious cars ever made. Whats with all these 'superminis' being let into the US? I thought the bumper crash ratings kept them out?

I guess I should rephraze that, its great that they are allowed in, but why?

They're all good dude, thanks for posting them in hi-res.

Glad you dig it, here is another which is a bit abstract but still pretty I think.

Mr-2

Again, 1920x1280. Oh, and its on my desktop too. :)

wow these are great, i like them all, Keep it up :)

BMW 550i is my least favorite, i don't know why tho i think its coz its not nice and clear?

wow these are great, i like them all, Keep it up :)

BMW 550i is my least favorite, i don't know why tho i think its coz its not nice and clear?

It's a Volvo Amazon Coup?, great car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Amazon

Nice pictures aswell!

Thanks! Amazon, thats it! Sweet car, and yeah, I wish most of my shots were focused better. Most pans are f11 - f16 with a 1/30 shutter but I think I just need to work on my panning action. :)

Blue M5

Thanks! Amazon, thats it! Sweet car, and yeah, I wish most of my shots were focused better. Most pans are f11 - f16 with a 1/30 shutter but I think I just need to work on my panning action. :)

Blue M5

Thats cool just post up all the ones you like, most of us will probably enjoy them.

That blue m5 is sexy have you got one of it in 1152x864 (if not, 1024x768 will do) i want to use it as my background.

Keep an eye out for an Audi, I love them so would love a nice photo of one if you can manage that.