Cars with stickers tend to have aggressive drivers

Cars with stickers tend to have aggressive drivers.
I?d second that ...

Like i said, a lesson on patience. Give me the second i need to release the clutch and roll forward before "you" start honking and tweaking out. I'm not taking pleasure and ruining someones day, i'm teaching them not to treat every traffic stop like its a staging light and we're going for perfect reaction times.

If i'm tuning the radio or looking away and you give me a beep than i don't mind, but move to Miami from a more james may-like part of the country and you'll understand my hatred of car horns and their overuse.

Yea yea yea, mattdizzle and his controversial opinions mean another monthly call for a ban. Honestly people, doesn't hating me ever get old?
Hey, while the world is currently revolving around you, be a dear and screw that lightbulb in for me?

I think I may agree with that. I have "supercharged" and K&N stickers on my grand prix, and I just love the sound of that super whining through the CAI.

There was this guy at college that drove a Honda Civic, not the nice type the one that was just a Rover 45 with Honda Badges on it, got lots of stickers like "ZOMG I HAZ A CAR AND I'M A WANKER" sort of thing, he can't sit in a traffic jam without turning red and shouting, might be scary if he was a big tough guy.....but he's like 5"....and fat ....so its just funny.

Not to knock my own religion or anything but Indiana just got these self righteous, "In God We Trust," license plates. I'd be fine with these specialty plates, except the fact they are free! Every other specialty plate is $40 a year. Sorry Indiana I believe in separation of church and state and this is clearly a violation of that.

On top of that, quite a few of these people drive like over aggressive or are just plain clueless. Not a great way to promote a religion, which is what Indiana is blatantly doing.

license-plate.jpg

I don't know how it works in Florida, but here people would just run the red light behind you. It's funny in the more upscale parts of town people are happy to stop when the light turns yellow. But when you get in the dumpy blue-collar, hillbilly trash, inbred parts of town (or if you know northern Indiana the whole cities of Elkhart and Goshen) two sometimes three cars will tend to turn left after the light has turned red, irritates the hell out of me!

Anyways what your doing is pretty jerky yourself as your holding up other traffic and being as much of an ass if not more than the other guy, infact it could be downright dangerous to oncoming traffic if the person behind you decides to jump the red light.

Gahahahahahhahaa. How absolutely brilliant. I hope that everybody gets those plates - down to the last person in Indiana - including all of the Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists... Everybody that is not some strain of Christian. This would be an act to depreciate the message of the IGWT plate. :lol:

euo3yf.jpg

Last edited:
Gahahahahahhahaa. How absolutely brilliant. I hope that everybody gets those plates - down to the last person in Indiana - including all of the Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists... Everybody that is not some strain of Christian. This would be an act to depreciate the message of the IGWT plate. :lol:

euo3yf.jpg

Um... the reason those plates are free is not because that's an endorsement of a particular religion.

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE OFFICIAL UNITED STATES COUNTRY MOTTO.

We print it on all our paper money.

We stamp it on every US coin.

It's been around since Independence.

Still, I can understand why you wouldn't understand that. I'm sure you Canadians are probably rather embarrassed about your motto: "From Sea To Sea" - which seems to imply that the only use Canada has is to occupy the space between oceans. :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:

By the way, if you believe that this supports a particular religion, please tell me *which* God this is identifying with. Zeus? Kali? Shiva? The God of the Jews? The God of Mohammed? The Chrstian God? My ancestral God, Tengri? The Deist God? Which God is it?

Last edited:

Still, I can understand why you wouldn't understand that. I'm sure you Canadians are probably rather embarrassed about your motto: "From Sea To Sea" - which seems to imply that the only use Canada has is to occupy the space between oceans. :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:

If I were you, I would be more embarrased by my lack of knowledge about my own country. "In God We Trust" became the national motto in 1956. It was a reaction to the start of the Cold War and was a result of the fear-based McCarthyist policies as a way to differentiate the God-fearing Americans from those Godless Communists who sought to destroy our way of life.
"In these days when imperialistic and materialistic Communism seeks to attack and destroy freedom, it is proper" to "remind all of us of this self-evident truth" that "as long as this country trusts in God, it will prevail."
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

But thanks for playing.

If I were you, I would be more embarrased by my lack of knowledge about my own country. "In God We Trust" became the national motto in 1956. It was a reaction to the start of the Cold War and was a result of the fear-based McCarthyist policies as a way to differentiate the God-fearing Americans from those Godless Communists who sought to destroy our way of life.

But thanks for playing.

No, I didn't say that it was our official motto since Independence. I said that the phrase has been around since then. And it certainly predates the McCarthy era.

FROM YOUR VERY OWN SOURCE:

t was found that the Act of Congress dated January 18, 1837, prescribed the mottoes and devices that should be placed upon the coins of the United States. This meant that the mint could make no changes without the enactment of additional legislation by Congress. In December 1863, the Director of the Mint submitted designs for a new one-cent coin, two-cent coin, and three-cent coin to Secretary Chase for approval. He proposed that upon the designs either OUR COUNTRY, OUR GOD or GOD, OUR TRUST should appear as the motto on the coins. In a letter to the Mint Director on December 9, 1863, Secretary Chase stated:

"I approve your mottoes, only suggesting that on that with the Washington obverse the motto should begin with the word OUR, so as to read OUR GOD AND OUR COUNTRY. And on that with the shield, it should be changed so as to read: IN GOD WE TRUST."

Congress passed the Coinage Act (1864) on April 22, 1864. This legislation changed the composition of the one-cent coin and authorized the minting of the two-cent coin. The Mint Director was directed to develop the designs for these coins for final approval of the Secretary. In God We Trust first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

In addition, various post-Independence pre-Constitutional colonial currency has IGWT or some variation upon it. And if you read Jefferson's (and others') commentaries on the Revolutionary period, they say many things like "we trusted our lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to God".

Now, who fails at history again? Seems to not be me.

Thanks for playing - as a parting gift for you, we have this ScrewCo Home Enema kit!

But thanks for playing.

Read the article more thoroughly. The motto has been on currency long before the Cold War "official adoption" ceremony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust#History_on_currency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Two_cent_obverse.jpg

EDIT: Doh, sniped.

My apologies, I misread your post and assumed the worst. That's what I get for cruising the forums after lunch and between classes.

I hang my head in shame.

/Maybe I should take a nap instead of using the computer lab for non-scholatic purposes.

My apologies, I misread your post and assumed the worst. That's what I get for cruising the forums after lunch and between classes.

I hang my head in shame.

/Maybe I should take a nap instead of using the computer lab for non-scholatic purposes.

Wait, what? This is the Internet! Whatever happened to "My post, right or wrong?"

+1 for nobility, sir.

You know, I didn't even know what my countries national motto was, turns out its "Dieu et mon droit" which is French for "God and my Right"....as a left-handed atheist I demand it be changed!

Actually I think UK's motto should be changed to "Ambitious....but Rubbish", it kinda sums up Britain as a nation quite well.

Lab: Yup, I gave him +1 for that.

Now, that said.... as someone PM'd me, those plates *are* kind of dorky and stupid and Franklin-Mint-levels of kitsch.

What they really should have is a r/w/b plate with The Great Seal Of The US on it. :D

Um... the reason those plates are free is not because that's an endorsement of a particular religion.

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE OFFICIAL UNITED STATES COUNTRY MOTTO.

We print it on all our paper money.

We stamp it on every US coin.

By the way, if you believe that this supports a particular religion, please tell me *which* God this is identifying with. Zeus? Kali? Shiva? The God of the Jews? The God of Mohammed? The Chrstian God? My ancestral God, Tengri? The Deist God? Which God is it?

That's very true; I actually did realise that it was your official motto but I've always thought it was a bit of a political statement. I think it's because Canadians are not very nationalistic at all. In fact, outspoken nationalism here is a bit embarrassing. It's a very strange phenomenon, and it's difficult to explain. But I do like our 'A Mari Usque Ad Mare', which speaks about unification. It speaks to the fact that the French and the British fought for control of this country originally, and all of the provinces/territories joined "Canada" separately at their own pace until eventually we were all one nation. :)

I hate all types of exterior stickers and stuff on the back of cars, especially those stupid fish things that I don't really understand. Or a pair of badges that say 'Peugeot' and '205Gti'. My car will have 2 stickers in the back window. One will say 'Land Rover - Best 4x4xFar' and the other will say 'Land Rover Owner International'. And that's it.

I was on a ramp in an interchange (the high five) and some asshole cut in front of me without signaling while braking causing me to have to stand on my brakes which locked my front tires. He nearly had a trunk full of Ford. :devil:
You should have ran him off the high five :lol:.

My Celica has no stickers, but I almost always drove it very aggressively. Heck, the car shit half it's emergency brake, 3-4 tires and a random assortment of bolts over a few months ... I had a pretty good time. The Ford has a big Harley Davidson sticker and a NRA sticker :)lmao: ) in the back, and I barely even push it past the speed limit.

I hate all types of exterior stickers and stuff on the back of cars, especially those stupid fish things that I don't really understand. Or a pair of badges that say 'Peugeot' and '205Gti'. My car will have 2 stickers in the back window. One will say 'Land Rover - Best 4x4xFar' and the other will say 'Land Rover Owner International'. And that's it.

The fish thing is the symbol of Jesus. Or inability to drive in my experience :)

Call me nasty but I think seeing that on two cars that just had a head-on collision, would actually be extremely funny... :lol:

Oh dear, me old atheist ;)

Anyway... I used to have a sticker on my car which seemed to rather upset some other blokes on the road: "I brake for GTI's".

But my alltime favourite was on a Citroen 2-CV: "Never Ferrari again".

I think it's because Canadians are not very nationalistic at all. In fact, outspoken nationalism here is a bit embarrassing.

It's true - Canadians are never particularly taken to pride. It is a sin, after all. =) It isn't helped that the public's attitude towards the country lags reality by about twenty years.

My warning signs of aggression: tinted windows, stupid wheels, shaved heads... like stickers they're all indicative of some deeper personality issue.

I wait two seconds after the light turns to honk, does that sound good to everyone? Possibly sooner if it's an advanced green.

My car has a few "Spit Roast Racing" stickers. If that isn't a sign of my aggressive driving, I don't know what is! :lol: