Cars you are ashamed to like publically (or that no one else likes)

Yeah, the Le Mans of this generation should not be all that appealing, but there is something about it that just works. I had a Malibu of the same generation and it drove really well. The real treat would be to find a Grand Am from this era. They were fairly rare to begin with, must be all but unobtanium by now.
:p I don't see anything wrong with that LeMan's. I actually tried to buy a '74 Buick Century this spring but it sold before I could get out to look at it. The cars may be uglier than the pre-72 stuff, but with the exception of the engines they're mechanically a big improvement over the earlier cars. And getting more power out of them is a joke. They're hilariously easy to work on.

... so uh yeah, I think about buying mid-70's beaters a lot.

Probably the only thing I get a little pang of shame for saying I like is goofy unreliable shit like this:

triumph-tr7-coupe_key_7.jpg

and on that note for me it's

RUST-articleLarge.jpg

Hell the Stag's even worse. I didn't even think of that. At least when they started building TR8's they had the sense to use the Rover V8.

I like the styling of the Mustang II.

:cry:

The fastback, anyway...

:p I don't see anything wrong with that LeMan's. I actually tried to buy a '74 Buick Century this spring but it sold before I could get out to look at it. The cars may be uglier than the pre-72 stuff, but with the exception of the engines they're mechanically a big improvement over the earlier cars. And getting more power out of them is a joke. They're hilariously easy to work on.

... so uh yeah, I think about buying mid-70's beaters a lot.

Yeah, I do too. I want a Cutlass from that era, or the funky Grand Am/Can AM. Hell, even a Chevelle/Malibu will do.

Probably the only thing I get a little pang of shame for saying I like is goofy unreliable shit like this:

triumph-tr7-coupe_key_7.jpg

They look cool. To bad they don't run for 3 consecutive weeks at a time. :lol:

The fastback, anyway...

e5664da0534a683ccca126156d449a11.jpg

Joe, she doesn't come with the car, so stop sniffing the gas.

The fastback, anyway...

I would totally rock a King Cobra II

5afqDjD.jpg

Its funny, but even Ford wants nothing to do with it. At all the official Mustang events I've been to, its either skipped or very briefly mentioned in the history section. Even at the official 50th anniversary party at Ford WHQ, only 1 or 2 IIs were displayed.

I need to read up on the King Cobra at some point, I've never understood what it is or where it sat in Ford's lineup. I've always understood that it's smaller than everything else, it looks to me like a rebodied Capri...

Anyway although not ashamed in any way to admit it I seem to be in the minority with Discoverys. I like Lancia Beta Coupes too and they seem to be unpopular for understandable reasons.

i261000.jpg

I need to read up on the King Cobra at some point, I've never understood what it is or where it sat in Ford's lineup. I've always understood that it's smaller than everything else, it looks to me like a rebodied Capri...

It was the highest trim "performance model" of the wonderfully smog-choked Mustang II. 5.0L V8, 133hp.

Like the Neon, the Volvo V40 got worse when they made it better:

bsCPurp.jpg

You get the picture. :p

What's wrong with the V40? I always liked these. :|

You mean Volvo's attempt to out-X-Type the X-Type with a Mitsubishi Carisma platform?

That reminds me... I like the X-Type wagon. (Don't kill me Spectre :p)

RYnKF0w.jpg

Never been in one, never driven in one, but I like the concept of a wagon with that style Jag front end.

Last edited:
That reminds me... I like the X-Type wagon. (Don't kill me Spectre :p)

Mondeo?

Never been in one, never driven in one, but I like the concept of a wagon with that style Jag front end.
Typical of you to defend a Ford product :p

Besides a love for the X-Type; both sedan and wagon, but I also like the Lexus SC. The Lexus SC is considered to be too heavy for a sports car but so the fuck what it a nice car to tootle around in with the top down.

Lexus_SC_430_Tiger_Eye_Mica.jpg

Last edited: