Cars you just dont understand

Thats a kick ass looking car. If it weren't a Fiat, and sold in the US I wouldn't mind having one.

I like small cars, but the small car options in the US suck big time.

Whats whats wrong with it being a fiat ?

Caddy Cimarron anyone? :D
:rofl:

Whats whats wrong with it being a fiat ?

They have a horrible reputation for reliability. My uncle was a tow truck driver when I was a kid, and he used to joke "If you see a Fiat, let me know, it's guaranteed work."

That saying also worked well with Audi 5000's,

The Cimarron was not really a bad car it just wasn't a Cadillac.

No, it was a heap of shit. A long with it's close relatives, the Cavalier and Sunbird/Sunfire. There are maybe 3 other cars that are worse, the Pinto, the Yugo, and that Russian (or was it German?) car made from fiberglass that still managed to rust.

They have a horrible reputation for reliability. My uncle was a tow truck driver when I was a kid, and he used to joke "If you see a Fiat, let me know, it's guaranteed work."

FIAT = Fix It Again Tony

Trans-ams never were "pick-ups" are you thinking the El Camino or Ford Ranchero which are basically the same idea as an aussie UTE?

He might have meant this, the Pontiac Rageous:

rageous_1.jpg

While the 4th generation f-bodies were dying, they came up with this concept -- Trans Am + 4 doors + AWD. A V8 WRX. Kinda has some cues from the Subaru SVX.

Now that I think about it, he probably meant this thing that Hurst did, I remember seeing it in the magazines:

zTAwagon4.jpg

hurst1.jpg

Last edited:
That AWD concept car is actually kind of cool. And to think, GM even had the stuff in the parts bin to make it.

I hate the Impreza anyway,(yes i'm aware of the fanboys on here) but the new one is terrible... yet morons will buy it thinking their Colin Mcrae.

I don't really like Subaru's because of the interior, the interiors make me want to vomit.

But for the rest the engine is ok, handling as well and just tune it a little (interior as well if i am going to buy one :p) and off you go. :)

Sorry but i can't stand the new generation of cars with cheap plastic and all that. (Ford Mustang *kugh)

I actually do not understand the new Volkswagen Golf Variant, why did they bring it out so late? Why would someone buy one if they can get a Passat Variant with hardly any mileage? And why does the backside look like someone hold a flamethrower near it?:blink:

I hate the Impreza anyway,(yes i'm aware of the fanboys on here) but the new one is terrible... yet morons will buy it thinking their Colin Mcrae.

*Petter Solberg.

Hybrids - I am really sorry, but why not a get a diesel instead and if you feel that you want to be truly green, why not walk, use a bicycle or use public transportation, you'd be better off.. as JC said "pointless way of moving around"

All these Crossover-SUV wannabees --> WHY? is probably the best thing to say.. look at R-class, Peugot 4007, citroen croosover and whatnot.. all of them are desperatly ugly and make you ask: what does a crossover do that a regular sedan or estate doesn't? You can get x-drive 3 series estate or A4 quattro... much better looking, much better to drive, equally safe, easier to park, lower fuel consumption and only they have a bit less headroom:D

Tunning Weak/bad cars --> I never understood, why would somebody tune a car like Golf SDI (yes the diesel without a turbo and with about 75hp) or a 1.6 opel astra, into an outrageous racing-looking thing for all the money in world and not save the money and get a more powerful/better car instead.

Tunning Weak/bad cars --> I never understood, why would somebody tune a car like Golf SDI (yes the diesel without a turbo and with about 75hp) or a 1.6 opel astra, into an outrageous racing-looking thing for all the money in world and not save the money and get a more powerful/better car instead.

We like to call them ricers... no one really understands them.

We like to call them BarryBoys* no one really understands them.

*Which is an awesome site.:D

Also something i found out about Hybrids in 'Car' magazine, if the battery is flat you can't jump them with leads etc... you have to call the Rac/AA out, because you will fry everything otherwise.:lol:

So i guess you have to take them to the main dealers for servicing, because backstreet garages will just jump them and **** them up.8)

- Muscle cars
- Supercars
- SUVs or any variant on the theme
- Rebadged cars
- Hot pickups
- "Retro" cars that miss the point completely (Mini, Beetle etc)

I could go on... :p

- Muscle cars
- Supercars
- SUVs or any variant on the theme
- Rebadged cars
- Hot pickups
- "Retro" cars that miss the point completely (Mini, Beetle etc)

I could go on... :p

So.....what kind of cars do you like?:lol:

Ssangyongs, just why do they bother? don't they realize how ugly there cars are?
Too right

All german car prices, its like ?5000 more than any europian equivilants? I know they are nice but come on they are expensive, and they are getting uglier.

And the Jag E-Type- BEAUTIFUL no question

Last edited: