Cars you want tested

skip

There's a few threads floating around of what people want to see on Top Gear, so I'd thought I'd start one on what CARS people would like to see tested on Top Gear. More the cars that have no chance at all of being on the show, but are infact production cars somewhere in the world.

He's my choice.

Car: Ford FPV F6 Typhoon
795_15x04x200441333PM.jpg

1163_4x10x200444916PM.jpg

1160_1x10x200435039PM.jpg

Specs:
4 Door 5 seat Sedan.
Engine: 4.0 litre DOHC 24 valve VVTi Turbocharged inline 6cyl producing 270kw (430hp) and 550Nm at 2000rpm (on about 8psi).
Transmission: 6-speed auto with sequential sports shift, or 6-speed manual with AP-racing twin plate clutch.
IRS with LSD.
Brakes: Front - 355mm rotors with 6-piston Brembo calipers, Rear - 330mm rotors with 4-piston Brembo calipers.
19" Alloy Wheels.
ABS
Traction Control.
Stability Control etc...
Price: AUD$65,000 or US$47,000 as you see it here, AUD$60,000 for the base model with the manual.

Tuning houses over here are getting near to 1500hp out of these motors, 600hp at the wheels is not unusual to see.

I would love to see Clarkson test one of these, but they will never be exported outside of Australia.

Anyone else got cars they would like to see? :twisted:

jensked said:
I really would like the Porsche 911 Turbo 997 reviewed. Must be a BEAST.

(I wouldn't be surprised if this is a repost)

As a stopgap, I would like to see the 996 Turbo do another Power Lap, one in the DRY.

Re: Cars you want tested

skip said:
He's my choice.

even though this car has 2 doors too many, i'd definitely think about buying one... :) i saw it at the brisbane motorshow last year, and it looked a lot better than i expected, it had a nice presence about it.

i think the mid-late 80s through to the mid-late 90s was the golden era of japanese sports cars... i'd like to see a special on that someday.

- Saab 9-3 Hatch Aero

- a Brabus special (and maybe some other tuners like Hirsch, Koenig...)

- some Sbarro models (such as the family dragster and the golf mk1 turbo with bending chassis)

- a proper track review of the Veyron

- A:Level Volga

I would like to have the Nissan Skyline R34 V-Spec II Nur send around the track.

And a road test of the Alfa GT.

Re: Cars you want tested

skip said:
He's my choice.

The Aussie car mags are loving the F6, especially now it has the ZF-6 speed auto 'box. It looks great in that colour. Sex.

God you Aussies are bastards. You get a 4-door Ford with a V8, and rear-wheel drive in a car that looks phenomenal inside and out. We get the 500, a front-drive V6 boat designed specifically for retired Mafia wannabes. Somebody needs to be fired... :cry:

Anyway, the CCR definitely, and the Z06. Maybe even the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo and the new Viper Coupe. Top Gear needs to have some more American cars, even if just to make fun of.

BlaRo said:
God you Aussies are bastards. You get a 4-door Ford with a V8, and rear-wheel drive in a car that looks phenomenal inside and out. We get the 500, a front-drive V6 boat designed specifically for retired Mafia wannabes.

:evil:

Us Aussies get the muscle car. We really only have two of them (Holden and Ford) but we do them right unlike some nations lol..

I would really like to see a feature on Brabus tuning. Any Brabus would be cool like the psycho EV12 (350km/h) or SLR or CLS Rocket. Particulary the GV12 which is just sooooooo hot!

So yeah, tuners are what I want to see 8)

Im hoping when TG comes to America they will test many gigantic SUV's and minivans. :roll:

To be honest i want to see the Saleen S7 just because people talk alot of trash about it.
- 2005 Venturi Fetish just because "The F?tish is in fact the first electrically powered production car in history to be so sexy, so exceptional, and so much fun to drive." seriouswheels.com
- 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
- I want Jeremy to test drive the Lambo Murc Roadster, or give a more detailed review of the Roadster.
- It would be wicked if the some how got their hands on that Maserati Pininfarina or something. That car looks stunning.
- SSC Ultimate Aero - another one of those POWERHOUSE Cars. It looks good on paper but have no clue how it does in JC's hands.
- The two seater cadilac that came out, which does 0 - 62 in less than 4 sec if im correct?

Any car from those modifing companies such as hamman, rinspeed, etc

If they could have a detailed review on concept cars, similar to the one that james did on the cadilac sixteen (it was a bit too short) i would love to see:
- Cadilac Cien
- 2005 Lamborghini Concept S
- 2005 Lexus LF-A Concept

i would be cool to see any of these cars on TOP GEAR.

Well, I started the thread on the Koenigsegg, so it's only fair that I say the CCR.

But more then that, I'd like to see the Ferrari F430 CS. The 360CS was extremely quick for what it is (a ?100,000 or so car, beaten mainly by ?300,000'ish hyper cars), and I'm expecting it to obliterate the Ford GT and wipe the smile off Jezza's face.

Car: 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6
1970chevelle.jpg

Engine Location Front
Drive Type Rear Wheel
Price $40,000.00
Weight 3500 lbs | 1587.6 kg

Performance
0-60 mph 3.8 seconds.
1/4 Mile 10.5 seconds.
Top Speed 165 mph | 265.5 km/h

Engine
Engine Configuration V
Cylinders 8
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 454.00 CU IN. | 7441.1 cc. | 7.4 L.
Valves 16 valves.
2 valves per cylinder.
Valvetrain OHV
Horsepower 450.00 HP

Transmission Information
Gears 3
Transmission Manual
Final Drive 3.08:1

Dimensions
Seating Capacity 5
Exterior
Length 197.50 in | 5016.5 mm.
Width 75.40 in | 1915.2 mm.
Height 52.70 in | 1338.6 mm.
Wheelbase 112.00 in | 2844.8 mm.
Front Track 60.00 in | 1524 mm.
Rear Track 59.90 in | 1521.5 mm.
Ground Clearance 4.60 in | 116.8 mm.

Steering
Recirculating Ball

I guess I can dream.

LoneWolf said:
But more then that, I'd like to see the Ferrari F430 CS. The 360CS was extremely quick for what it is (a ?100,000 or so car, beaten mainly by ?300,000'ish hyper cars), and I'm expecting it to obliterate the Ford GT and wipe the smile off Jezza's face.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to wipe the smile off of the face of anyone who drives a Ford GT. You just can't do it! ;)

Well they now make crate Camaros that you can buy or build, so why not test one of those with new equiptment?

They should race a spitfire replica and a Lotus from Germany to England.

Tuner cars vs. Super cars. Specifically Top Secret Supra and R34, Signal Auto 1000HP R34, and RE Amemiya FD3S versus cars that cost as much or more.

More going round the 'ring, in odd things.

Test one of those Limos that was in the last issue. :lol:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
LoneWolf said:

Unfortunately, it is impossible to wipe the smile off of the face of anyone who drives a Ford GT. You just can't do it! ;)

I'm sure Jeremy wasn't smiling when his alarm went off for the 10,000'th time! :lol:

i wish they'd feature more f1 stuff. like one of the boys going to a team's HQ to try their cars out. i know fifth gear has done this, but i'd love to see top gear's take on it!