Cars you wish were available in your country.

ChaoZ

Car(s)
Mazda Miata
I'm in Canada, as such, we get about 95% of what the U.S. also gets for cars. Here are a few cars available around the world that I wish were available for the Canadian/North American market. Keep in mind, most choices I pick are more practical than supercar.

1. Mitsubishi Evo (Not available in Canada, but available in the U.S.)
2. European Ford Focus (Not the crap Focus in North America)
3. European Ford Fiesta
4. VW Polo (VW really needs to bring this car to this continent)
5. European Honda Civic Hatchback (Right now, Honda doesn't have a Civic hatchback in North America)
6. Renault Clio (Those cars just seem so much fun)
7. Suzuki Swift (The proper one, not the rebadged Daewoo)
8. Kei Cars from Japan (Honda Beat, Mazda AZ-1 are available as grey market cars but they have to be 15 years old)

Can you tell that I have a thing for small cars? :D

Re: Cars you wish were available in your country.

ChaoZ said:
I'm in Canada, as such, we get about 95% of what the U.S. also gets for cars.

I.e.: crap cars with cheap interiour from the 80s and a fuel consumption of a Leopard 2 tank???? :p

Byte said:
ChaoZ said:
I'm in Canada, as such, we get about 95% of what the U.S. also gets for cars.

I.e.: crap cars with cheap interiour from the 80s and a fuel consumption of a Leopard 2 tank???? :p

Exactamondo. Less so these days, but American interiors still suck.

Id have to say the Focus ST would be sweet. The Clio V6, hell anything from Renault and Peugot would be cool to see here. Anything from Morgan or Pagani.

But most of all I wanna see Alfa Romeo here in the US.

All of those

And some of the cars they have in Aus/NZ... and not from a petrolhead POV, but from a tight-wad point of view, why the hell dont WE get all those fuel efficient dieslels?? From Small trucks to little cars, diseasel needs to be more prevalent here. :x

Any car named so far in this thread..

Vauxhall Monaro also, FQ-400 Version of the EVO.

What I'd like to see:

Pretty much anything diesel
Holden Commadore
Ford Falcon
BMW 1-series
Ford Focus ST or RS

Though now I'm trying to figure out which is uglier, the US Fusion or the Fusion available in the UK.

would be so cool if they would sell
nissan skyline & nissan s15
in germany ... :(

Like ChaoZZ, Id want the proper Suzuki Swift as a dailer driver, which I believe IS coming to North America. Not sure if Canada too.

Aside that, i want a Pontiac GTO or Holden/Vauxhall Monaro

I am grateful were getting the Arial Atom and Skyline GT-R soon! :woot:

With Denmark's magnificent 180% car-registration-tax I wish cheap cars were available here :|

But there is a Suzuki dealer not far from me :)

Holden and the australian Fords please. Then there's some pretty cool japanese cars such as Nissan Cube and Daihatsu Copen. And the Citi Golf!

ChaoZ said:
1. Mitsubishi Evo (Not available in Canada, but available in the U.S.)
8. Kei Cars from Japan (Honda Beat, Mazda AZ-1 are available as grey market cars but they have to be 15 years old)

Can you tell that I have a thing for small cars? :D
that sucks, we get the Honda Fit and Toyota Vitz/Yaris here now.

The cars I want are all discontinued anyway :cry:

I wish Honda would bring the Civic hatchback, we only get the sedan. For a small Honda, our only choice is the Jazz. When Honda began selling cars in here, we had a few hatchbacks, even some 160hp VTi?s, but not anymore... :cry:

The same goes for Toyota, we only get the Corolla in sedan, no hatchback. But no small cars, not even a Vitz.
Well, in short: all the big companies only bring the regular cars, so we have Hondas, but no Type-R. We have Toyotas, but no Supra. No Stis, no big Fords, no to all the cool cars... :cry:

Redliner said:
We have Toyotas, but no Supra. No Stis, no big Fords, no to all the cool cars... :cry:

You had the VW Bug! :D Or well...up until a couple of years ago...sorry for the loss...

Ford Mustang GT
All Nobles
Nissan Skyline GT-R

Maybe some Infinity cross-SUVs... but i don't really care about them. I would like to see some more easy, light and cheap sports cars, because it is impossible here to buy one under 30.000?

RWD cars!

except if you get a BMW or a merc, you have no choice but to buy a front wheel drive car :cry: