Cars you would like to see in Series 22

Well, they could borrow one from TGUSA and do "cars that we hate / loathe / despise with every fibre of our being."
Clarkson: 1990s Toyota Corolla
Hammond: Volkswagen Beetle
May: Lexus SC 430

Australia challenge:

Drive from Adelaide to Darwin, get any GM-made car for less than 500 GBP. Vectra as a back-up. I expect James to get an 1990s SAAB, Jeremy an Astra and Richard a Daewoo Lacetti. No damaging each other's cars, they would, however, steal parts from the backup. Challenges on the way.
No No No, They must buy an Australian-built car that's less than $2,000 and more than 10 years old and drive it through the desert, after a few challenges at Mallala Raceway (near adelaide).
Jeremy - Ford Falcon, (powerrrrr of the 4.0L six cyl)
ford_m_m.jpg

Hammond - Holden Commodore, (bogans* drive these)
280px-1997-1999_Holden_VT_Commodore_Acclaim_sedan_05.jpg

May - Mitsubishi Magna (staid and boring, he'll love it).
digiads_car_ads_160993_1.jpg

*a bogan is an australian redneck.

Koenigsegg Agera R anyone?

Has been talked over and over again. I'd love to see it, maybe even the one:1. But getting just one type of Agera should be hard and Koenigsegg doesn't really need the publicity anymore like they did back in the day.

Well, they could borrow one from TGUSA and do "cars that we hate / loathe / despise with every fibre of our being."

I've wanted TG UK to do a segment like this for years. :nod:

Also: "Is my first car (if it still exists) just as good now as it was then?"

116.jpg

Rimac Concpet One (made by a Croatian kid)
mate-rimac-CONCEPT-ONE.jpg

And maybe...I don't know ...A Korean car challenge

Daewoo Nubira II
Kia Shuma
Hyundai Coupe

Korean cars (except for the Reasonably Priced Car) are not represented enough on Top Gear.

What about something really daft but still very clever and very Top Gear-ish?

In season one they used Edd China to build a 'James Bond' Rover. On my mind is a small, FWD car (like ?koda Felicia Pickup for example), turned to RWD and powered by something (much) more powerful (some V8 or Jag V6) - hence the pickup, the engine would be put into its loading bay. It'd need various suspension modifications and other adjustments to accomodate such a big engine and making it driveable but seeing the process would be really interesting. And it also provides infinite space for cocking about and still being clever. However, avoid intentional catching fire or sinking!

No No No, They must buy an Australian-built car that's less than $2,000 and more than 10 years old and drive it through the desert, after a few challenges at Mallala Raceway (near adelaide).
May - Mitsubishi Magna (staid and boring, he'll love it).
digiads_car_ads_160993_1.jpg

*a bogan is an australian redneck.

Not as boring if it is the VR-X / Ralliart / AWD Models. AWD would be the best for sand.

LaFerrari, 918 and P1 on the track. A nice Aston. No More Mercs, BMW'S or audis for a while. Getting bored. Maybe a cheap car challenge, but not one where they all like each others cars and try to prove the producers wrong about something!!!!! I dont find it as funny or interesting!!!!

Has Top Gear ever featured a Daihatsu?
I think they have, at least the small cabrio (copen?). The Charade was also mentioned several times.

+1 for the Koenigsegg One:1

Even TG might have trouble getting their hands on one though, unless one of the private owners wouldn't mine loaning it.

+1 for the Koenigsegg One:1

Even TG might have trouble getting their hands on one though, unless one of the private owners wouldn't mine loaning it.

I would be happy even with Agera R i know sig drove it for magazine but i have been waiting for it to show up in tv

BMW i3 and i8

New Merc S-Class

Something reasonable priced, don't know what's new on the market...