Cars you'd like to see in series 15?

Jeremy and Richard to review Mercedes SLS vs Ferrari 458 vs McLaren MP4-12C (I had to google that)
James to review Rolls Royce Ghost vs Bentley Mulsanne
Jaaaaag XJ
BMW M3 GTS

Wiesmann GT MF5 :thumbup:

S85 powaaaa )))

832_2279_1_GT_MF5_01_preview.jpg

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Ferrari 458 Italia
Jaguar XJ
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS AMG
Saab 9-5

BMW M3 GTS vs Merc C63 AMG Black (or just BMW by itself)
Aston Martin One 77
Ferrari 599XX vs Lamborghini Murcielago SV (or just the Ferrari by itself)

That's pretty cool. I've never owned a Saab, but they are nice cars.

Saab never did any harm to anyone.

This might sound as an exaggeration or even patronising to some people, thus my reputation that's already pretty bad will get even worse (I admit that I'm arsehole sometimes and I apologise for that), but for me watching Saab being phased out is like watching a kitty being mauled to death.

I don't care what else, but I absolutely want to see the new Camaro.

Just so I can show it to my dad so he'll shut up about how Top Gear hasn't reviewed it yet.

(I'm betting they'll hate it, though, so I'm not so sure how badly I want them to review it...)

Tata nano vs sls, just like the Daihatsu vs the Ascari .

I agree with edkwon, affordable cars would be great. There must be some cheaper and overlooked cars out there worthy of a TG review. I would love to see the guys drive the 368bhp Australian Ford G6E Turbo, with a 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds it's pretty quick. My friend recently bought one and I was fortunate enough to have a drive, amazingly fast compared to my naturally aspirated :mrgreen: 3.8 litre V6.

I want to see a test like this:

[YOUTUBE]rvkEKQCdQ0M[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]RbSNJUGVtys[/YOUTUBE]

Testing affordable cars "in the real world" and take them for a lap around the track.

Last edited:
^because this version of Top Gear always reviewed only "affordable regular cars". Just as they only ever did car reviews that were serious, with no segments that were there purely for fun and the fact that they were entertaining to watch.

I'm sorry, but all of these people who have been going around making audacious claims like the ones I sarcastically and facetiously made above, and then calling themselves "Top Gear Purists" have not been watching the same show (This includes the man called the_monk, that Mr. Wilman mentioned on the Top Gear website).

In case you are having a serious memory lapse, please have a look at the Series Guide, provided by the Top Gear website.

There have been shows featuring affordable cars, just as there were in Series 14 (Renault Twingo, Dacia Sandero, Suzuki Samurai) but, not one series has featured only affordable cars that you can buy. I jokingly posted in the "what does Top Gear have to do to improve" thread, that I thought they should do an entire series of SIARPC's, or a series filmed only in the UK with an isolationist attitude. I did this because these are the types of things that the supposed "purists" have been asking for: Absolutely DULL, BORING, UNINTERESTING, MUCK!

While I do agree that affordable regular cars definitely have a place on the show, to dedicate more than 3 or 4 segments a series to them would be really stretching it. The show has held onto its broad appeal by being interesting, by trying new things, and by reviewing interesting cars.

Please, stick to the topic here. The name of the thread is Cars you'd like to see in series 15. Feel free to list your average affordable cars. Making an inane statement and not following it up or quantifying it with anything is not contributing to this thread.

Last edited:
One important difference between TG and other car shows is, that TG is a little bit megalomaniac. An affordable car from time to time presented in an entertaining segment is fine, but if the focus went towards more "normal" cars, TG would definetely loose some of its magic. Everyone dreams about Zondas, Bugattis, Ferraris, Porsches and any hyperexpensive, handmade supercar built by some craftsmen somewhere in a shed. Thats entertainment, dreams presented by TG.

still, the Bang & Lupak car :) - on the track this time, even though its not likely to happen.. :/

i would like to see a lamborghini, drifting in the hammerhead, while on fire, with clarkson driving it, while wearing stilts while on the side of the track, richard hammond explodeing just when james commentates "what a bunch of pikies" and then lighting up a pipe ...

come on ... secretly ... that's what we all want.