Cars you'd like to see in Series 17

Funny thing, actually.

Just now I was browsing the current lineup of Alfa and was wondering if they'd actually bother to build an interesting car again.

Look at that Duettottanta. They need to build it! It would immediately solve all problems this world suffers from.
alfa_romeo_2uettottanta_1.jpg

Just. Look. At. It!

I wholeheartedly support the last two posts re: that Alfa-concept. Now, *that's* what the current Spider should look like. Not that overweight, fat-looking monstrosity they're trying to sell as a Spider these days ...

S.

Duettottanta. I know it's got no engine, it is a concept etc etc, but they must feature this beauty in the new series. Even only in the studio.
They seem to have put a small straight 4 turbocharged engine into it. That seems about right. A V6 would simply ruin it. Production. Nao! While they are at it they can remove the misery that is the current spider. Which they have. They stopped production of the old horrid Brera-based shame to the Alfa badge last year.
So, possibly? Maybe? Pretty please?

Last edited:
They seem to have put a small straight 4 turbocharged engine into it. That seems about right.

Or just a high-revving, 2000 cc DOHC-engine ... or at least the modern equivalent to it. As much as I like modern turbo-charged engines, there's still nothing like a great naturally aspirated 4-pot that wants you to rev its nuts off. Anyone remember the old 2-litre Alfa-engines? Or the 150hp-Vauxhall/Opel 16V and the VW 16V-GTI-engine? *sigh*

S.

To be fair, they are making the 4C, which will have the new 1750TB, which is pretty much an Alfa classic :) Although it looks too much like a Lotus from the side, I can't wait until next year to see it in production.

Back on topic, I would love to see a roadtest of the BMW X1, just to continue the tradition of showing us how pointless BWS's SUVs are :0

Maserati Gran Trurismo

2008-maserati-gran-turismo-s-2.jpg

Mazda Furai

2008-Mazda-Furai-Concept-Debut-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
^- I think they have shown the Mazda Furai in a previous series.

When?

Definitely not in a previous series, it was actually in 11x06. The Furai was in their studio and Clarkson briefly talked about it but they couldn't take it on their test track because, according to him, it was broken or something like that.

Yea, they showed it. I didn't say they reviewed it :p
Would be good to review though

that Furai concept also featured very prominently in Top Gear mag. Think Playboy centrefold.
Turns out it likes world peace and long walks on the beach...

that Furai concept also featured very prominently in Top Gear mag. Think Playboy centrefold.
Turns out it likes world peace and long walks on the beach...

(The Furai was shown in 11x06 in the studio.) yes, I know, I repeated what was said above And it no longer exists as of present day, as far as I'm aware it was dismantled.

Last edited:
^ Which means no way in hell it'll be reviewed and/or lapped on the show.

Thanks, guys!

Some Options

Some Options

I think it would be awesome if they made a modern tribute to LeMan Recers.

Peugot 908 HDi
90X_03.jpg

Audi R18 TDI

2011-Audi-R18-TDI-Racer-3-1024x682.jpg

Aston Martin DBR9

3-aston-martin-dbr9-gulf.jpg

Bentley Speed 8

bentley_speed-8_r16.jpg

Mercedes Sauber C9

993_05p.jpg

Optional Bonus: Corvette C6.R

Chevy-Corvette_C6R_GT2-DV-09_MO_24.jpg

Last edited:
DBR9 has already been on the show. [Sacked] Stig lapped it in 6x06.

It would be fun to watch the ugliest car in the world, reviewed by Jezza...
fornasari-rr99-2.jpg

Someone washed Panamera, DB9 and Murcielago together and put it on big tyres. Luxury sort of.

Last edited:
That thing has more of a Cayenne than of a Panamera.
Is there any angle from which this abomination could even remotely look somewhat agreeable?

It has been called a *drum roll*

"OFFROAD CORVETTE"
Oh my...

Last edited: