• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Change to the way posts are quoted

Vipergts662

Car(s)
2016 Holden Commodore (chevy ss), 2020 Explorer ST
Not sure if this has been brought up before but I am a member of another forum that has done this.

When you quote someone you also quote the people that have quoted them previsouly. Normally this is not a problem but it can get out of hand extremelly fast just look at the Veyron thread in the TG section it is not that bad yet but I think you can see where it would lead to. The solution on the other site was to only have the quote function quote the person you are responding to and not the 20 other people that have been quoted previsouly.

Just something to think about before people figure it out.

Moved the topic from "The Site Itself" to "The Forum".

Personally, I find it much easier to delete the quotes that you didn't want to come along, rather than (if it worked the way you are suggesting) having to find and manually copy the previous quotes in case you really did want to quote them too.

Well not quite like that, I am talking about wanting to quote ONE reply without quoting the rest of the baggae that comes along with it, yes you can delete the ones that you do not want but if people ever do go nuts with quoting you will see what I mean with how fast quoting can get out of hand.

It is just something to think about

Core phpBB thing. Only way to change it is some major hacking of the source. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Re: Change to the way posts are quoted

Vipergts662 said:
Not sure if this has been brought up before but I am a member of another forum that has done this.

When you quote someone you also quote the people that have quoted them previsouly. Normally this is not a problem but it can get out of hand extremelly fast just look at the Veyron thread in the TG section it is not that bad yet but I think you can see where it would lead to. The solution on the other site was to only have the quote function quote the person you are responding to and not the 20 other people that have been quoted previsouly.

Just something to think about before people figure it out.

there's a usefull button on your keyboard, and it's called "delete" ;)

and at the bottom of the page you can press "quote selected text", so only the things you want are in the quotes