Channel Ten's F1 coverage

Lurch0001

Car(s)
German car & British bike
So this weekend's F1 in China is finally in a time zone that would allow it to be shown live at a reasonable time of the day in Australia, so what do Channel Ten do? Delay it by more than 5 HOURS. Thanks, you utter bunch of pricks. :censored:

Anyone else here pissed off by these tossers?

Whenever the V8 Supercars or MotoGP are on in the afternoons they will always cut back RPM to a half-hour or an hour segment to fit the races in BUT WHY ON EARTH DONT THEY DO IT FOR F1?!?!?!?!?!? i feel ur pain Lurch0001...

Yeah I know it sucks but lets be honest, the truth (sad) is that Australian Idol gets more views than the F1's and so theres not a chance of it going earlier.

I'm pissed off at Ten for different reasons - their V8 coverage sucks. I can't wait for Seven to take over in 2007.

australian F1 coverage sucks donkey bollocks.

too damn tight to have their own commentators, i hought i could escape james allen, but noooo

Im sick and tired of this, is there anywhere i can watch quali + race live on the net? I remember channel Ten classifying the Malaysian GP as "live" when it was shown 2 hours after the race has finished, im so pissed off as i have no options other than to wait, grrr...

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Yeah I know it sucks but lets be honest, the truth (sad) is that Australian Idol gets more views than the F1's and so theres not a chance of it going earlier.

Yep - sad, but very true

Blythy said:
too damn tight to have their own commentators, i hought i could escape james allen, but noooo

James Allen is the unfortunate price to pay for having Martin Brundle. As for 10 doing their own F1 commentry - they've done it a couple of times, and it's awful. Crompton does a great job, but whoever else they team him with (Bill Woods, Neil Diffy etc) make me want to through things at the TV (just like James Allen really)

well when mark webber retires in several years, you might get some decent coverage, but till then you'll get allen and button luvvin :p

I'm pissed off at Ten for different reasons - their V8 coverage sucks. I can't wait for Seven to take over in 2007.

I don't think seven will have Neil Crompton though :thumbsdown: ...the commentry may a let down.

I think the commentators will be Matthew White and Grant Denyer... Mark Berreta will do the AFL commentry.

Devon said:

I don't think seven will have Neil Crompton though :thumbsdown: ...the commentry may a let down.

I think the commentators will be Matthew White and Grant Denyer... Mark Berreta will do the AFL commentry.
Grant Denyer isn't bad. I mean he is now that he's the weather man but back when he was on Ten with the V8's, he was moderately interesting to listen to and watch as a pit commentator. That was back in the day when Ten was really good with their V8 commentary actually.

I don't know about Matt White though :unsure:

^ I don't remember Grant Denyer as a pit commentator for Ten, I suppose he won't be so bad. Matthew White was the Leigh Diffey for Ten before he left for Seven, but from what I remember he was no where as annoying as Leigh is.

If Seven don't sign Neil Crompton then they really need to look at getting another former V8 driver for the commentry team. Glenn Seton is one name that pops into my head, not sure of is commentry skills though.

They still might sign Neil though because I think I remeber reading somewhere that his contract expires with Ten at the end of this year. But Ten plan to do more F1 coverage themselves next year, so to me that means they will do more of the commentry rather then using ITV, so Neil might prefer to do that, who knows.

But he might want to escape Leigh Diffey, because I think Leigh really annoys him sometimes.

Yeah that's what Grant did - pit commentary. He also made some really good feature presentations. I've been watching a tape of the 2000 Bathurst race :)

Matt White was very much the Leigh of the day but as you said, he wasn't as annoying and he seemed to know a little more about what he was talking about than Leigh.

If Seven can get Neil, they'll be in with a chance. Either way it's going to be easy to be better than Ten. I had some gripes regarding their coverage of the Sandown 500. eg; the first two laps we watched Jim Richards bring the car into the pits while there was a race going on on the track. WHY?!!

You guys should download Speed Channel's coverage. Yeah, it's American but the hosts are amazing. Peter Windsor (aussie) has to be the best host ever in F1.

although its annoying that F1 is delayed by so many hours, but I don't really see the problem, I don't check the forums and talk to any of my friends oversees and I won't get the result... and the delayed slot is even better allowing me to watch at night which is when I watch TV anyways...

Lucky, i'll hafta wait till 1 or 2AM, which means we'll have lots of company and they'll all be drunk, an im not exactly best buds w/ my roomates friends

I need to save up for a stop the cock shirt apparently its the last shipment