Cheese

:D

You guys need one of these:

15441009.jpg

:lol: so true. The first time I ever bought it I just cut a slice and tried to eat it on a cracker. Oh my lordy. Such a bad move.

sharp sharp sharp cheddars are my over all "Everyday" snack cheese. Cabot, outa vermont, usa makes a really uber 2-year aged "private stock" extra sharp cheddar... omfg.. so edible by itself... there was one evening i nearly ate half a pound without realizing it... err.. yeah...

then there was this cheese, not sure i can get it anymore, totally forget its brand as well but it was a cheddar actually made from "raw organic milk" (didnt think it was even legal in the states!). so sharp, i couldnt really eat much by itself, but wrapped in some prosciutto, oh-mai-gawd..

and then theres my other love.... Gruyere. i use it instead of parmesean where any recepies may call for parm. mmmm....

I really like brie, the softer the better, but I rarely eat cheese as my bf doesn't like it and then I have to eat it all pretty quickly before it goes bad. My parents really love cheese, when I was younger and lived with them we used to get celerysticks and fill them with blue cheese, yes it sounds discusting but it's really good.

Celery & blue cheese sounds yummy. :)

* Makes note for shopping *

EDIT: Monday, can confirm yumminess :thumbup:

Last edited:
sharp sharp sharp cheddars are my over all "Everyday" snack cheese. Cabot, outa vermont, usa makes a really uber 2-year aged "private stock" extra sharp cheddar... omfg.. so edible by itself... there was one evening i nearly ate half a pound without realizing it... err.. yeah...

then there was this cheese, not sure i can get it anymore, totally forget its brand as well but it was a cheddar actually made from "raw organic milk" (didnt think it was even legal in the states!). so sharp, i couldnt really eat much by itself, but wrapped in some prosciutto, oh-mai-gawd..

and then theres my other love.... Gruyere. i use it instead of parmesean where any recepies may call for parm. mmmm....

Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar is my favorite. When I was a kid, my parents used to get a 50 lb wheel to sell in their store. Yum! Kinda hard to find out on the West Coast, though. Most people here seem to think that cheddar is supposed to be orange and sharp or mild, for some reason. That being said, Tillamook makes an extra-sharp white cheddar cheese called Vintage White that is really good too. Give me a 2lb loaf and a big box of Wheat Thins and I'm a happy man.

Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar is my favorite. When I was a kid, my parents used to get a 50 lb wheel to sell in their store. Yum! Kinda hard to find out on the West Coast, though. Most people here seem to think that cheddar is supposed to be orange and sharp or mild, for some reason. That being said, Tillamook makes an extra-sharp white cheddar cheese called Vintage White that is really good too. Give me a 2lb loaf and a big box of Wheat Thins and I'm a happy man.

speaking of colored cheese... i noticed a few months ago Kraft is now selling white "American" presliced cheese. towhich, oddly, it has a slightly different taste than the orange version. not sure what i'd use it for.. if anything tho.

speaking of colored cheese... i noticed a few months ago Kraft is now selling white "American" presliced cheese. towhich, oddly, it has a slightly different taste than the orange version. not sure what i'd use it for.. if anything tho.

It might make a pretty good toasted cheese sandwich. (That's what I grew up calling them - everyone outside of Northern New England seems to call them "grilled cheese".) But if I see "imitation processed cheese food" on the label it's going right back on the shelf.

It might make a pretty good toasted cheese sandwich. (That's what I grew up calling them - everyone outside of Northern New England seems to call them "grilled cheese".) But if I see "imitation processed cheese food" on the label it's going right back on the shelf.

You want a good toasted cheese sandwich? Make it with Jarlsberg....it's awesome!

Oh yeah this is relevant, on my trip this summer I met several people from the Netherlands and learned how to correctly pronounce gouda. I had apparently been saying it wrong this whole time...

When it comes to cheese I'm so inmature, I only eat like the most boring cheese known to man. I only go for like the mildest of the already mild dutch cheeses which is basicly dried up milk :p

"Graskaas" is my favi, its very soft and its great for grilled cheese sandwiches :D

150graskaas.jpg

I like a good sharp cheddar, Cabot of Vermont makes an outstanding 5 year that will pucker your entire face.

Lunchmeat staples for me are longhorn colby and pepper jack. When I feel rich, I grab a wedge of double glouchester.

^This!!! Just ate some on crackers with quince paste. delishus. Also on Sunday I had my first ever taste of Rocquefort (a French unpastuerised cow's milk cheese which was illegal to sell here in Oz until a couple of years ago), Delice de Bourgogne, a terribly sinful and wonderful French creamy brie-style cheese, and also a French goat's cheese. Yummmmmmm.

I had the greatest grilled feta in greece, it was almost melted with some tomatoes, paprika/peppers and oliveoil :drool: