• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Chevrolet Camaro concept 'leak photos' * Real*

niteriyder

Car(s)
99 FRC VETTE
It's a clay model, notice the split in the middle. The right side is slightly different, makes it easier to try out a slighty modeified design without making a completly new clay model.

Expect to see the real concept at the NAIAS (north american intl autoshow)

0000000.jpg

000000.jpg

00000.jpg

http://img288.imageshack.**/img288/9875/ib9f818xp.jpg
http://img288.imageshack.**/img288/772/ib9gs19wo.jpg

he platform is said to be based on Cadillacs sigma and GMs universal zeta platform..or "sigma lite"

What I think the production should look like

108-CAMARO-BK-ATOMICSHARK.jpg

108-CAMARO-FR-ATOMICSHARK.jpg

zenkidori said:
Just make it able to turn, that's all I ask. None of this solid axle leaf spring crap, please.

Dont see any solid axles nor leaf springs in the CAD drawing :|

niteriyder said:
zenkidori said:
Just make it able to turn, that's all I ask. None of this solid axle leaf spring crap, please.

HAHAHA, i honestly didn't even look.

I don't really like the styling of these retro-rod type of cars, but I am eager to see the powerplants. with so many new engines being made that makes it easier to find cheap engines to put in better cars, heheh.

I really like how they put quad tailights on the back that are reminiscent of a Corvette, but are edgy enough to fit the design perfectly.

Hell, if somebody tripped and fell onto any part of the car, they would get ripped in half, that's how sharp the edges look.

I like it! :mrgreen:

Absolutely stunning. I love the one posted in the lead thread and the other concept. I would take both, man its so awesome. Can't wait to see it in concept form. :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
You could stab someone to death with the wing mirrors.

Other than that, not bad for a Chevy. :p
LOL I was going to say :lol:
niteriyder said:
zenkidori said:

Yeh I hope there are no leaf's on it. Its such pre-historic engineering as JC would say.

niteriyder said:
What I think the production should look like
OMFG, hubba hubba! That looks way better!

But it'll never make it back into production. The Camaro was killed and the Vette pretty much fills it's niche, although it is a bit on the expensive side, say compared to a Mustang.

OMG!!!

If they produce something similar like that, i'm gonna buy one....

Honestly... :thumbsup:

The problem is that the car will need to be made to fit a market niche and a lot lof corners would be cut. It would need to be cheaper than a Vette, but nobody will buy a Vette if the cheaper and just as emotive Camaro equals or surpasses it in performance. So it would be made to compete with the Mustang and GTO, but performance would suffer as a result. Same reason that Nissan never brought over the S15 Silvia, when you have the Z why introduce your own competition? Expect it have a smaller/less powerful engine, unrefined suspension and probably the same interior as many other Chevy vehicles.

Looks much better than the Charger, which is probably the ugliest Dodge ever.

Well that's why you build a good platform. Build a car with a strong block, good flowing head, good suspension design and good chassis, then limit it. tune the ECU for economy, downsize injectors, add emissions crap, cats, restrictive piping, etc. Then have soft damner settings for comfort, all season tires, etc. Look at cars like the Skyline or Supra or even the lowly 240SX. all are great platforms, but not nearly where they could be tuned. Especially the 240, it's a crap car from the factory, but it has the right basic design. change to coilovers and adjustable suspenion bits, change the motor and differential and you have yourself a racecar.

Suppose you have a good point, and to boot you can do all the work yourself, which is fun.