Chevy billboards around Detroit

Well...it was sold here, as the Pontiac G8...but then they killed Pontiac, so...now only cops will get it as a Caprice...maybe...still working that out.

Those sweet, sweet memories read a bit like a "best-of" recap when a sports star retires ... "we made a good car 1967" ... please tell me more aincent stories daddy-O. :rolleyes:

Those sweet, sweet memories read a bit like a "best-of" recap when a sports star retires ... "we made a good car 1967" ... please tell me more aincent stories daddy-O. :rolleyes:

Even funnier is when you see a band's "Greatest Hits" album and you've only heard of 3 of the songs from their first album, and the rest are just...filler crap.

Last edited:
Clearly...I need to write a good Volvo song :D

I don't think these are real, are they?

I mean...why would a cup holder wear a poodle skirt?

I think even GM's copy editors would have caught things like this.

The cup holder would be the person sitting next to you... and they could very well be in a poodle skirt.

The cup holder would be the person sitting next to you... and they could very well be in a poodle skirt.

That may very well be the case, but that's not how hey wrote it regardless of how they meant it.

As fantasticallyu awesome as those billboards are. They are irrelivant. GM needs to realise they aren't the King of cars anymore. Living in the past is what put them in this mess in the first place.

Those ads make me sad. "Look at how much we used to not suck! Oh you want one? sorry we don't make them anymore and you'll have to pay lots of money if you can find one."

I don't know, this could be a sign that something good is going on - that the marketing toolbags are looking at what made the company great. It's only a medium-sized leap for them to tell the car designers "FINS AND WINGS. MAKE IT HAPPEN."

I don't know, this could be a sign that something good is going on - that the marketing toolbags are looking at what made the company great. It's only a medium-sized leap for them to tell the car designers "FINS AND WINGS. MAKE IT HAPPEN."

It's not like you need a marketing degree to realize why people loved 60s GM cars. Big engine, mid size car, magnum 500 wheels. Piece of cake.

It's not like you need a marketing degree to realize why people loved 60s GM cars. Big engine, mid size car, magnum 500 wheels. Piece of cake.

They've also forgotten what that term means. Last I heard a Ford Focus sedan was "mid-size"

They've also forgotten what that term means. Last I heard a Ford Focus sedan was "mid-size"

I like to think of it in foot length. Full size is 17+ feet. Mid size is 13-17 and Compact is <13.

Anything less than 10 is microscopic :p

So who wants to take on the inevitable Ford response to this?