Chevy Silverado EV - 2023

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Chief Engineer of the New Chevy Silverado EV talks to TFL Andre about it's design:

Last edited:
Due spring 2023

510hp WT

664hp RST

0-60mph about 4.5secs

350kW charging, 100miles worth in 10mins

400 mile range

10kW offboard charging

Linux based GM Ultifi software platform

Entry level about $40k

RST first edition about $105k

Last edited:
Every time I see a new truck, I'm amazed how tall truck bed sides have been getting over the years. She said she's only 5'3", but the side walls are almost up to her chin.

It'll be interesting to see what gets dropped off from the "base" models (like all of the reconfigurability features), etc, and how it relates to the price. In that first video, I'm hearing a lot of "available on this model" and "standard on this model" talk.

Looks like they’re trying to copy Rivian.

I can't help but notice it has an integrated bed. That may negatively affect fleet sales.

Probably, but the return of the mid-gate is sure nice. They might have a different body configuration for some fleet sales.

Eh, it doesn't really seem like that great of an ad. Good song, but you see the truck for about 7 seconds of it. It looks like my cousin playing with her camera because she's bored, but with a soundtrack.

Yeah, I was like “is this a travel ad for New York? Sunglasses? Oh it’s a truck ad.”

I mean, The Sopranos is a crowd pleaser, and I liked the ad. Apparently it's not clicking with FG though. Meh, Superbowl ads nowadays are generally ads for the advertising agency making it anyway.

, it doesn't really seem like that great of an ad. Good song, but you see the truck for about 7 seconds of it. It looks like my cousin playing with her camera because she's bored, but with a soundtrack.

Yeah, I was like “is this a travel ad for New York? Sunglasses? Oh it’s a truck ad.”

Have the two of you ever seen the Sopranos? That is a remake of the opening credits.

I watched part of the pilot a long time ago and it didn't grab me; I remember thinking that the protagonist was a pretty disgusting person and I didn't want to watch a show about him.