Chevy Vega or Morris Marina: which would you rather have?

Chevy Vega or Morris Marina: which would you rather have?

• Total voters

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1972_Chevy_Vega_GT.jpg

800px-1976.morris.marina.arp.jpg

I'm torn on this one.

The Vega's sort of pretty, so that.

The Vega is certainly the prettier of the two (IMHO), so I'd take that over the Marina. (Plus, I'd probably be killed to death by a piano in the Morris)

Vega, clearly.

Vega in a heartbeat.

It's better looking, and you could swap in a V8/5spd and it would be a quick little sucker.

I actually like the Vega, even unmodified. I think it's kinda cool.

:lol: it's all about the looks

my vote also goes to the vega...

Last edited:
Judging by a non-TG-ish way that the builtquality of British Leyland was next to non-excisting, and the fact that the Marina was based on a 1940's Morris Oxford, there is no other choise in this poll but the Vega, even if it turns out to be worse than the Marina.

Ed Cole, the man behind the '49 Cadillac V8, the 283 Small Block Chevrolet V8, the Chevrolet Corvair and the Chevy Vega.

220px-Cole_Ed_on_Time_cover_1959.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't the Opel manta and the chevy vega Both H chassis cars?

Another reason for Vega is the Cossie one. I don't think there was any such interesting program for the Marina. other than the optional vertically dealer installed grand piano.

Cossie Vega:

800px-1975_Cosworth_Vega_2.jpg

Piano Marina (installation in progress):

Piano-On-Morris-Marina.jpg

Last edited:
I think I would rather have the car in Argatoga's avater. In that condition.

The Vega easy! By itself it is epic, with a 350ci swap it is brilliant. :)

Last edited:
It was all about the looks (and the fact that the Marina's godawful handling is stuck in my head every time I see one now...thanks, Clarkson), although the Marina would be much rarer over here. Another Vega vote here.

It was all about the looks (and the fact that the Marina's godawful handling is stuck in my head every time I see one now...thanks, Clarkson), although the Marina would be much rarer over here. Another Vega vote here.

As rare as they are, they aren't so rare that you couldn't buy one.

http://www.austinmarina.com/forsale.htm

I'm sure you could enjoy driving one every day!

The Austin Marina also starred for a brief moment in the chase scene of the movie The China Syndrome.

1973 Austin Marina,sedan,rhine gold/tan, does not run, at, for parts or rebuild, interior needs work, you haul, FREE......located in Washington state.

I must admit that is tempting. I can put it next to my RX7!

Gotta be the Vega. Drop in an SBC and a manual gearbox and you'll have a tidy little hotrod.