CHILI TIME!

Fuck onions, man! Everybody puts onions in their chili, and it completely ruins it! I love chili, but I hate onions more than everything in the world, I don't understand why everyone insists on cooking fucking everything there is in the world with onions!
I hope global warming makes onions die out!

(oh green onions are okay, and garlic rocks, but normal onions? I feel sick when I just taste the texture of them)

Now, apart from my onion rant, and disregarding the presence of any onions, that chili looks good. I don't really care if there are beans in it, as long as there's not too much (I'm looking at you, vegetarians), and the rest is right.

i have some spicy chili beans, and some kidney beans in there, but literally i use a total of 3 average-sized cans for that vat of 2 GALLONS, so it's not a primary ingredient :)

As for onions, i use them when i brown the meat, and a little more early on. they're so well-cooked by the end you probably wouldn't notice them :rolleyes:

Onions are a must-have in every kind of stew, chili or casserole.

My easy chili:

Sweat onions and garlic and throw into the pot. Add brown, really coloured mince meat into the pot. Remember to deglaze the pan after youve fried in it. Add deglazing into pot. Then add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of tomato pur?e and 1 stock cube of your choice + water. Use the kind of beans you prefer. My mom always used normal baked beans, so I also do that.

Don't forget to add cumin or umami-boosting things like worchestershire sauce. If you want to go all-out, add a healthy splash of bourbon.

Heat or chili is important and hard to pitch down to everybodys own taste. I either use chili flakes or a whole green chili which I chop up finely.

Chili ala ahpadt.

Last edited:
cmmon guys i thought i'd get more people posting pics! add them to your recipies!

UI Would rathers stick a bread stcuick in ny cockhole than eat oinions.

post food without ketchp

UI Would rathers stick a bread stcuick in ny cockhole than eat oinions.

post food without ketchp

You will encounter lots of tasteless food if you dont eat onions... :blink:

Anyway, I'll try to take some pictures the next time I make chili. If I remember...

Last edited:
Oh I made chili last night but most of it is gone now.

Five pounds of chuck steak cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Two cans of chopped fire roasted tomatoes.
One tomato freshly chopped.
Two Red Cherry Peppers diced.
One habanero pepper diced.
Head of garlic diced.
Cup of Frank's hot sauce.
24 ounces Sam Adam's winter ale
Regular commercial chili powder as a base then add the peppers to taste.
little salt and lots of Cumin.

Let simmer for about four hours.

You will encounter lots of tasteless food if you dont eat onions... :blink:

Only when I rely on other people cooking, and have to avoid every single fucking food in the world because they put onions in it.

If it's me cooking, I just make good food, leave out the onions, and tada, tasteful food.

Only when I rely on other people cooking, and have to avoid every single fucking food in the world because they put onions in it.

If it's me cooking, I just make good food, leave out the onions, and tada, tasteful food.

After seeing your tuna-with-everything sandwich, I don't know... :p

I hate onions personally, but they add a lot of flavor, that's why I used either onion powder or minced onion. Same great taste, none of the ickyness from biting into one.

QUICK! I'M MAKING CHILI CON CARNE. SHOULD I ADD RED WINE OR DR. PEPPER TO IT?

^Dr. Pepper it is :p

What really is dr pepper useful for at all? you can't drink the stuff, you can't cook with it, paint stripping maybe?

Yeah, I never really understood why everyone is in love with Dr. Pepper. Shit tastes like ass.

Eh, the Dr. Pepper was OK. Was thinking it would add a bit of bite like Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce. I bet red wine wouldn't have been that great either, after all chili is essentially a Peasant food. Next time I'll stick to grape jam or brown sugar.

IMG_3602.jpg

It was however served the right way, in a bowl with rice, and beans on the side.

Last edited:
What really is dr pepper useful for at all? you can't drink the stuff, you can't cook with it, paint stripping maybe?

Yeah, I never really understood why everyone is in love with Dr. Pepper. Shit tastes like ass.

shut your lying whore mouths Dr. Pepper is ambrosia of the gods...

nice looking chili there Twerp I would like to take this time to suggest the addition of beer to your chili...

Looks kinda dry... Why do you guys add sugar to everything anyway? The dish doesn't need it. :?

Also it lacks the main ingredient: beans.

Last edited:
Beans were originally added as a filler in chili because Beef was too expensive outside of the south-west, where chili originated. When I make chili I tend to leave the beans out but make them on the side so you can always mix them in.

It's a bit thicker then most chilis, but that's the great thing about chili, there's probably more variations of chili than of chocolate chip cookies.