Chinese auto-maker YEMA shows 3 new models

The A4 clone looks like an all-road without the cladding thanks to the raised ride-height.

At least they were considerate enough to change the logos.

Knowing China and everything about China, this only makes me wonder why no-one has done this before. With every other manufactured good made by the developed world, the Chinese have made an inferior version that looks exactly the same right down to the last detail. So why not cars? :p

People actually buy this copycat crap BTW. Foreign goods are considered expensive and exotic. If you can't afford an iPhone, you can at least make it look like you can.

This may have been covered before but how are these automakers protected from the inevitable lawsuits that will emerge from selling VW,infiniti and Audi clones all at the same time with the same badge?

Knowing China and everything about China, this only makes me wonder why no-one has done this before. With every other manufactured good made by the developed world, the Chinese have made an inferior version that looks exactly the same right down to the last detail. So why not cars? :p

They have made millions (literally) of copycar cars before.

Lawsuits from VAG Group and Nissan incoming in 3... 2... 1...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Sorry, I'm dying of laughter. I knew the Chinese were rip-off artists when it comes to car design, but this is taking it to a whole new level of ridiculousness.
Good luck getting that lawsuit into chinese courts! Geely is the only private auto manufacturer in all of China, all the rest are in some way owned by the chinese government or regional governments, and they'll happily laugh at your lawsuit all day. Not that you could sue Geely in China as a foreigner for anything anyway, or any other chinese company for that matter.

Remarkable copys, but why did they get the wheel proportions wrong on all of them?

Good luck getting that lawsuit into chinese courts! Geely is the only private auto manufacturer in all of China, all the rest are in some way owned by the chinese government or regional governments, and they'll happily laugh at your lawsuit all day. Not that you could sue Geely in China as a foreigner for anything anyway, or any other chinese company for that matter.

I said "lawsuits incoming", I didn't say anything about whether they'd be successful or not. ;)

Remarkable copys, but why did they get the wheel proportions wrong on all of them?

Look at it this way: There will be the day, when the Chinese come up with someone of their own. No, no, no, don't laugh, that day will come.

But on the next day there will be cheap copies of it, made by Chinese competitors. Chinese copying Chinese. Believe me, that day will come.

And maybe that will be the moment, when some high-ranking official in China thinks "Hmmmmmm... maybe it is not such a bad idea to actually give a damn and protect intellectual property after all..."

Last edited:
Hahaha.
That's awesome. You've gotta admire that balls to release those things while keeping a straight face.

They don't have straight faces, they're Chinese.

Badoom tsch.

Anyway, this was the Japanese 40 years ago (the car design not the faces). Now they've overtaken the rest of the world in the automotive business. It was the Koreans 20 years ago. Now they're seriously worrying the big established brands (including the Japanese). The Chinese now are what the Koreans were 20 years ago and the Japanese 40. Everything moves in cycles.

Hahaha.
That's awesome. You've gotta admire that balls to release those things while keeping a straight face.

This, I'm actually in awe at how damn close the copies are. I want to find interior pics. :)