Chinese Man Vows to Only Drive Cars Built in China After Crashing Mercedes S350

I swear, these are the sort of people that make asians look bad.

It's no surprise why people from Hong Kong seem to hate people from mainland China so much.

This BS has propaganda written all over it.
Yup. China's trying to get their burgeoning automotive rip-off market rolling, so what better way to do so than to trump up some BS about how "Chinese cars are better than German cars." How anyone could take this crap seriously is beyond me.

Here's another smashed german car. The driver phoned the ambulance himself. Airbags did their trick. I wonder if Mercedes makes their chinese cars in China...?

http://i6.tinypic.com/30csk6o.jpg

That was a ABT-tuned RS6. It was supposedly going close to 300km/h when that happened. I'd like to see a Chinese car hit a tree at 186mph.

medium_407982184_666e7f5ba6_o.jpg

medium_407982128_9b96d0547b_o.jpg

medium_407982090_a7ea1e9480_o.jpg

That was a ABT-tuned RS6. It was supposedly going close to 300km/h when that happened. I'd like to see a Chinese car hit a tree at 186mph.

I'd like to see a Chinese car reach 186mph.

That driver was just VERY lucky, I don't think any consumer car is built to crash at those speeds.

On a totally side note, I just visited Shanghai for a short 4 day trip.

People there these days are crazy rich. Do you know how much a Mercedes S350 cost in Shanghai/Hong Kong - USD$200,000. Still a lot of people drives them. There are more Gucci, Hermes, and Ferragamo stores than any where else.

The city of Shanghai makes New York looks like fucking third world country. You need to travel there to believe it.

^ Have you seen the people line up at the designer botiques, it's like they're handing them out for free!.

i think the fact that he was able to rear end a truck and with out airbags still have only minor injuries in itself is a testament to safety from MBZ.

^ Have you seen the people line up at the designer botiques, it's like they're handing them out for free!.

There a lots of Chinese tourists visiting Hong Kong these days. They literally raid the brandname stores, leaving the Hong Kongers looking like poor peasants from the country side.

The financial infrastructure and the technology sector are maturing at an amazing rate. Lots of people are benefiting from the growth monetarily. :)

Stupid, Stupid Man. Merc has always prided themselves on safety - my father tested a CLK a while ago, and the salesman told him about some system that primes the brakes and activated ABS real quick. Indeed, it did activate quick - and my dad didn't like it, he said it didn't trust him as a driver and was uncomfortable, despite being safe.

There a lots of Chinese tourists visiting Hong Kong these days. They literally raid the brandname stores, leaving the Hong Kongers looking like poor peasants from the country side.

The financial infrastructure and the technology sector are maturing at an amazing rate. Lots of people are benefiting from the growth monetarily. :)

I am told by my parents (as Hong Kongers) that 90% of the people who go in to those stores are to nick the designs and replicate them in pirate products.

So he crashed his car into someone? Rear ended a van? And now he's preaching about car safety?

Maybe he should try taking a driving course first. You know, learn how NOT to crash into the backs of vans.

... my father tested a CLK a while ago, and the salesman told him about some system that primes the brakes and activated ABS real quick. Indeed, it did activate quick - and my dad didn't like it, he said it didn't trust him as a driver and was uncomfortable, despite being safe.

Yes, and wasn't it TG that showed the video of the Merc test, driving through fog with some radar system to detect obsticals in it's path and aid the driver slam on the brakes? Didn't work so one S-Class rear ended another.

One of the funniest clips ever :)

So he crashed his car into someone? Rear ended a van? And now he's preaching about car safety?

Maybe he should try taking a driving course first. You know, learn how NOT to crash into the backs of vans.

When you have seen how people drive in China, you will understand accidents are unavoidable.

Imagine the number of Asian people in Asia!

When you have seen how people drive in China, you will understand accidents are unavoidable.

No, the accidents are avoidable. The rest of the world is a good example of that.

I know what you mean though. I read a cool article in an old episode of Car&Driver or MotorTrend or something. They went to China for a road test and explained how bad the drivers and roads are. The Chinese haven't been allowed to own their own cars until just recently, so no one really knows how to drive a car very well. It's not built into their fabric of life yet.