• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Chirac Issues

Overheat

Forum Addict
_41264281_laughter_ap_203.jpg

He's dissing his neighbouring countries again!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4649007.stm

And you stuck up for the French. :lol:

I think the phrase was taken out of context (and generally England isn't famous because of its food) but never trust the french. :twisted:

"The only thing they have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow disease,"
Now, this is way too much...

A UK spokesman said:
"There are some things that it is better not to comment on."
But this is true...

Now before this topics drifts into rantings about the French let me just say that.

He could have joked about the British the whole day long as as I care. These kind of jokes are part of our national identity. Would you like politicians who seperate their personality and their function completely. Now that would be fun. ;)

Like I said, it appeared to be taken out of context, but somethings doesn't appear that innocent. But everyone says things that shouldn't be said...

"One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad," it quotes Mr Chirac saying.

That's actually pretty funny. But I certainly hope he doesn't base his foreign policy and international relations on food.

And he told this to the Germans and the Russians? Is their food any better?

I would like a politician that makes remarks like that. You know he is only joking around, its all in good taste. Whats the big deal? :shifty:

But then again, if things were like this, things could get out of hand and......WWIII. :no:

Firecat said:
And he told this to the Germans and the Russians? Is their food any better?

Funny that you ask. British food is ill-reputed throughout Germany. I was quite surprised the first time Clackson mocked German cuisine. As it turns out they don't think their food is bad. What a surprise.

And if you're honest, there's no such thing as a culture with bad cuisine. What's your benchmark ? The ammount of Michelin stars ? Or the average quality ? Both are no good indicators. It comes down to personal liking.

Chirac is a dumb ass... :wall:

"After Finland, it is the country with the worst food."

lol, yeah, this thing was like on front page of every newspaper here :lol:

The english food ist just crap, it really is ;) The french on the other hand know how to eat :)
The German cuisine has also got a bad reputation, especially because of the high degree of pork being eaten here, which isn't really true, but well that are stereotypes.

They were even saying that the French lost our vote for the olympics because of this... Our IOC member will be voting for one of the other cities :D

MXM said:
"After Finland, it is the country with the worst food."

lol, yeah, this thing was like on front page of every newspaper here :lol:
Yea, isn't that just wonderful? Berlusconi and Chirac hate our food... And they dare to say it in public! Those kind of men are in charge in this union. Oh dear... :(

Berlusconi and Chirac hate our food...
They've probably never really tried it.

I've had to spend a lot of time meeting with corporate executives visiting from France. They always try to find French food to eat over here. Of COURSE the French food in Utah, USA is going to be bad. Duh.
:bangin:
Snail-eating idiot Chirac.

haha, I'm a waiter and yesterday was US Independance Day(from the English) and I gave everyone who ordered "Fish n Chips" a hard time saying, "You know Fish n Chips is British food, and today is Independance Day..."

Most had a good laugh.

I honestly don't know anything about British food other than it's supposedly terrible.