Chocolate - what do you prefer?

Chocolate - what do you prefer?

• Total voters

Jay

the fool on the hill
I myself am a fiend for dark chocolate; the more bitter the better.

Last edited:
Not a choco buff, but I want mine dark as the night.

I prefer all of them!
But if i have to choose i take a hot cup Espresso and a bitter dark chocolate plz!

My chocolate preference varies depending on what I'm eating it with and how the chocolate is prepared, but I suppose that if I were eating the most average of chocolates completely plain without anything else, then I would prefer the white.

White chocolate isn't really my kinda thing and I find milk chocolate too plain so I usually go form something like a 60:40 split. (cocoa:milk)

I don't mean to go all James May here, but white chocolate isn't really chocolate. (It doesn't have any chocolate in it, for one thing.)

"White chocolate" is to chocolate what "herbal tea" is to tea.

[/rant]

I love white chocolate so much it's almost indecent, but that's not to say I don't enjoy the others as well. I'm a big fan of spiced dark chocolate too, like the chili bars you can find sometimes. Someone told me about a cinnamon dark chocolate bar that's out there, and I must find it.

There was a presentation on fair trade products here the other day, and they had an assortment of samples. God damn that stuff was delicious. Even the coffee ones, and I normally don't even like coffee.

While dark chocolate has it's placed, I've got quite a sweet tooth and enjoy milk chocolate in most recipes.

While I understand that white chocolate is simple cocoa fat and no actual cocoa, it doesn't stop me from loving it. :)

I do enjoy Milky Way Midnight, because there's enough other sweetness in the candy bar to balance the darker chocolate, but I can't just eat a piece of dark chocolate.

Oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chunks and dried cherries? I will rock the hell out of those. Plain ol' chocolate chip? Milk chocolate, or at most, semi-sweet. Chocolate-covered strawberries also have to be milk chocolate.

Dark. It's tasty and good for the brain.

I don't like dark chocolate at all, can't eat the stuff, feels dry. I love white and milk chocolate but mostly white. And I know it's not 'real' chocolate but I don't care :p

Dark choc is my absolute fav. It's even good for your health. Second is white

Not really a fan of chocolate, it just makes me thirsty. 99% cocoa chocolate is just pointless. If there's any chocolate I like, it's E-Royce. I know some people don't like it because of the cream, but that's what makes it goood.

Wow, lots of connoisseurs here who like dark chocolate. Fine taste, everyone; I like my chocolate as dark as my comedy.

I like dark, probably because milk chocolate in this country is just disgusting. I don't know if I'd like a high quality milk or not, but the white stuff is just the bastard child of leftovers. It has the strangest aftertaste that I just can't explain. Not for me.

I mainly like milk chocolate but I can also enjoy white & dark. I like Old Jamaica and I like Club but I've tried that 60% stuff and it's too much for a wuss like me to handle. I draw the line at about 40%.

I usually eat Cadbury or Nestle because it's common and inexpensive but I also really like some of the more exotic stuff with the hard-to-pronounce names like Lindt or Guylian. Have any of you ever tried those Lindt Lindor ball things? If not, do yourself a favour and track some down. They're really good. And this is coming from a real fatty-fatty-boomba-latty who knows his stuff!

I've tried Hershey's and I'm sad to say, it's not very good. It's bitter and greasy.:(

I only really like Cadbury milk chocolate. I refuse to eat white chocolate but I don't mind dark. Cheap chocolates like those you get in the go-lo easter bunnies make me ill. I can eat most of the other stuff though.

And Austere, I ate 80% dark chocolate before- now that is interesting....