Chocolate - what do you prefer?

Chocolate - what do you prefer?

• Total voters
Your taste might yet change in the coming years.

Usually the older you get, the more you learn to like the more intense flavors.

I noticed it with me in recent years. Suddenly I like things I didn't like before.

There are some super-snooty chocolates you can get in the hippie stores here that are absolutely fantastic. I've gotten spoiled and can barely eat the cheap stuff anymore. Definitely no Hershey's; their stuff is to chocolate what bologna is to steak! And even though there are some good darks, I always prefer the milk chocolate.

White chocolate is nasty, though, and I want no part of it.

Well, there is a chocolate factory here in town with an outlet store.

Guess what that means.

The more bitter it is, the healthier it is for you kids!

I like dark, probably because milk chocolate in this country is just disgusting. It has the strangest aftertaste that I just can't explain. Not for me.

You know although I don't particularly mind milk chocolate, I do agree with you entirely. I don't like the aftertaste that it leaves, it's far far far worse than dark chocolate. For example, I cannot freaking stand Hershey's at all, apart from this:

hersheyscc_wr.jpg

If I could have something with a combo of dark choc + coffee, that'd be THE BOMB.

I hate you all. :D

I rarely eat chocolate; but after this weekend, I bought 2 bags of Ghirardelli chocolate - 1 bag of dark chocolate & caramel, & 1 bag of dark chocolate with mint creme filling.

And I agree with MacGuffin - I didn't start liking dark chocolate until about 10 or 15 years ago. I also noticed the 77% chocolate that you bought, MacGuffin - The darkest I normally see in shops in the US is about 72% - 60 to 70% is the norm.

And on the rare occasions I eat white chocolate, it's either a Hershey's Cookies & Creme bar or kiss - the only Hershey's brand I eat. The rest of the time it's either Ghirardelli or Dove dark chocolate.

I hate you all. :D

And I agree with MacGuffin - I didn't start liking dark chocolate until about 10 or 15 years ago. I also noticed the 77% chocolate that you bought, MacGuffin - The darkest I normally see in shops in the US is about 72% - 60 to 70% is the norm.

77 % is not the limit here:

2980-88darkbar_290x290.jpg
0036.png

But 88 % is a bit too much for my taste. Although it depends on the cocoa beans. The taste of cocoa can vary from creamy to fruity, depending on where they come from. I do not like the fruity flavour too much.

You know although I don't particularly mind milk chocolate, I do agree with you entirely. I don't like the aftertaste that it leaves, it's far far far worse than dark chocolate. For example, I cannot freaking stand Hershey's at all...

You know, I once tried a slab of Hershey's milk chocolate.

Never again. It actually oozed oil.

I think it's not a coincidence that it isn't available here. And in our supermarkets you can find the most multifaceted range of chocolate sorts you can imagine.

Those Reeze Peanut Butter Cups are not available here, too. I once ordered a pack from an online shop, thogh. They were ok but I have never ever before eaten chocolate that lay heavier in the stomach than those things.

Last edited:
I would put dark and milk above white, but will go for darker most of the time (50%+), and I LOVE to wash down chocolate with just water!

Edit: I think this pic should be put in the first post for easier decisions! :lol:

770px-Chocolate.jpg

Last edited:
White chocolate :drool:

Milk chocolate is pretty close though. Best chocolate treat EVAR are Cadbury cream eggs :w00t:

Best chocolate treat EVAR are Cadbury cream eggs :w00t:

Oh man those things are SO rich. I wish they came in dark just to cut the insane sweetness out of the center.

I think the best chocolate treat is actually the Kinder egg, but they TASTE disgusting and I usually throw the candy part out. But candy that comes with a DIY toy on the inside? Excellent!

If I could have something with a combo of dark choc + coffee, that'd be THE BOMB.

A lady who was promoting fair trade chocolate had that in a bar. Made by these guys. Dunno if it's available outside of Canada.

You're looking for this then:
ferrero+pocket+coffeejpeg.jpeg

Or this:
30016-30016.jpg

Or maybe this:
item.9640ac27f1eb57917b17db.jpg

Last edited: