Choose your one and only car for the rest of your life!

E

emiliorescigno

Okay guys, it's another one of those "Dream Garage" threads. We always seem to have rules about how many, and unlimited budget, so I want to try another idea: Choose your one and only car for the rest of your life.

Choose wisely, Remember - you're driving this car with your kids, when you're old and creaky, when it's a blizzard out, snowy, and everything in between. That Ferrari Enzo may be cool now, but what about when your kids want a ride to soccer practice?

I'll start with mine:
HSV Clubsport R8 Tourer - Tons of power, room for stuff and kids, and comfortable.
hsv-r8_tourer1.jpg

Post your cars!

Last edited:
Practical AND useful! Unlike the proper Escalade, of course.

cadillaces.jpg

^ I thought of that... but I decided against it because of the no crew cab option.

pic-49935.jpeg

Jeep Wagoneer/Cherokee SJ. Mild lift for offroad capability. Done up 401 for speed, coupled to a 4spd transmission. Lots of room in the back for kids/pets/stuff.

Last edited:
I officially changed my mind:

bugatti-galibier.jpg

2009-bugatti-16c-galibier-concept-rear-side-top-view-588x3581.jpg

THIS car does everything.

Last edited:
1972_triumph_tr6.jpg

Why did God invent pickup trucks? So people like me can make friends. :D

Hmmmm.....

Probably a small coupe with just slightly larger than useless back seats...

Screw it, probably an S2000.

New-Range-Rover-TDV8-Vogue-SE-review-15207.jpg

Range Rover TDV8 Vogue SE. 'nuff said.

Corolla. If you're going to mandate that I be miserable, I want to be TOTALLY miserable.

Probably a 5-door STi.

this is a hard one.... wait, NOT!

Audi_RS6-Avant_Front-view.JPG

Jaguar XJR or Bentley Turbo RL.

Did I ever mention that Jaguar had a very successful military products division?
800px-Armoured_fighting_vehicle_-_unknown_to_the_maker_of_the_picture_9-08-2008_14-56-24.JPG

The FV721 Fox Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Wheeled); 30mm main gun, 4x4 armored scout car powered by a Jaguar 4.2L in a special multifuel/military configuration. It's amphibious, air-transportable and with a 65mph top speed is one of the fastest scout cars ever produced. And it'll go damn near anywhere.

However, crews used to get bored and modify their Foxes. Some were known to be able to do 80 or 90mph, and there's an old urban legend about one crew getting really blitzed and getting clocked at 100mph on the M1 in theirs.

One of the ultimate go anywhere, do anything vehicles. Anything it can't catch it can shoot. :D

Last edited: