Choose your one and only car for the rest of your life!

For the rest of my life, I'd tie to this: The Saab Turbo X

saab-turbo-x-3-big.jpg

FIAT Dobolo - mods easily to get my wheelchair in - when I get that old that I need one (next week at this rate) of course

car_photo_296280_7.jpg

fiat-doblo-wheelchair-small.jpg

AETV94589584_1b.jpg

Last edited:
1990 Plymouth Colt
5320450003_large.jpg

Does everything you could ever need from a car.

Yes...if you get the GTi Turbo ;) 1.6 DOHC Turbo with 160hp and 1000kg...WIN! :)

However, my car of choice for the rest of my life would be...this:
t57.jpg

Olive Green Volvo 850 T5-R - only 500 were ever made in this color.

Alright, I just remembered a sensible alternative, and also a favorite of mine:
100HP%E3%80%80%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%82%BF.jpg

I haven't changed my opinion on this from last time:

0309.jpg

With the naturally aspirated engine (yes it has less power - "only" about 450-500hp - but N/A > forced induction IMO) and a manual transmission. In black.

Practicality is so overrated...

And I am totally serious with this. If in real life given this choice - one car and that's it - I know I would regret picking something else for the rest of my life, each and every day if I turned down the GT500 Eleanor. For me that is THE Dream Car and what's the point of living without one's dream when given the chance ? I have one life, I am going to spend it as well as I can and missing out on fulfilling your dreams isn't doing that.

Last edited:
But it's so ugly and retarded compared to a real GT500.

Also, Range Rover Sport Supercharged (With the new 5.0).

If it was reliable.

Last edited:
But it's so ugly and retarded compared to a real GT500.

Yeah well.....I do realise it pisses off most people, purists in particular. But I like it and that's the end of it as far as I am concerned. For me this is the one to have, even over the original.

Im not a truck guy but.......
arctichilux.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.**/img339/4311/bumperdumper.png
Ready for the apocalypse

Im getting a kick out of some....most of these choices. Lambos? Bimmers? Porsches? I thought I was impractical lol

Last edited:
hmm wow...better make a good decision huh. I'd probably pick either a 4 door GTI or something. It's practical, fun to drive, and relatively affordable. It also has decent space for stuff or people.

Im getting a kick out of some....most of these choices. Lambos? Bimmers? Porsches? I thought I was impractical lol

But if you have a Lamborghini, Porsche, or Ferrari it's very easy to borrow someone else's pickup, sedan or people carrier if you need to.
You: "I'm picking up my family at the airport - can I borrow your car? I'll let you use my Murcielago."
Your friend: "Let me think about that for a minute - #$@% YEAH!!!"

Last edited:
Head - Range Rover Sport Supercharged

2010-range-rover-sport-front-angle-588x446.jpg

Heart - Maserati GranCabrio

maserati-grancabrio1.jpg

But if you have a Lamborghini, Porsche, or Ferrari it's very easy to borrow someone else's pickup, sedan or people carrier if you need to.
You: "I'm picking up my family at the airport - can I borrow your car? I'll let you use my Murcielago."
Your friend: "Let me think about that for a minute - #$@% YEAH!!!"

That's a good point! In essence, you would have your pick of any of your friends cars, co-workers cars, neighbors cars, total strangers cars...

:p

I am disappoint Finalgear, how come it took 6 pages and nobody mentioned the most obvious choice!

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2009/07/13/Dacia_Motivator.jpg

Good one pepitko lol

If I could only ever have the one vehicle, and it would have to do everything I need it to do....... It would be a slighty modified Buick Roadmaster/Chevy Caprice. How would I modify it? I would take an average sedan and make a shorty station wagon. I am considering doing that to my current car BTW.

Something that will run forever. The Mercedes-Benz 240D.