Choose your one and only car for the rest of your life!

with a baja racer he can have a mid-engined truck ....

scottkincaidL.jpg

Well since I would never base my choice on car on kids or needing big space, I'd most certainly pick the Audi TT-RS.
In Sprintblue color, ordinary sportseats (not the silly bucketseats) in Alcantara black/black/silver and otherwise fitted with all the goodies.
Maybe without the spoiler at the back.

Realistically I'm looking at a TTS right now, but would of course want the excellent engine in the TT-RS. Unfortunately, the pricedifference here is the equivalent of 50.000 pounds...

Have you thought about buying cheap property in another country, buying and registering a car there and then just using it in Norway?

I love my Jeep. I've already had it for 10 years, have no intention of selling it and if it lasts me a lifetime, I'll be perfectly content.

I'd have this:
http://img695.imageshack.**/img695/5681/4758110dcc3e4bj40.jpg

It'll run the 50 years you're asking, and it's simple enough to be able to work on it myself and keep running, whatever apocalyptic scenario we end up with.

That said, I think the TG Hilux wins this thread.

Last edited:
I already own it, and don't plan on getting rid of it, well, ever...

Its already 43 years old, so whats several decades more? its pretty much the most reliable car in my family, big enough to fit me and 5 friends, rather comfortably. and when I am the only person it it, I can cram more crap into it than fits in my K5 (the trunk alone is around 15 cubic feet...), so its a pretty practical vehicle.

It also looks good, (or will when I get a welder and fix the holes in the side, and give it a fresh coat of paint) is reasonably quick (considering what the final drive ratio is), and gets decent mileage to boot.

What more could I want? hehe

... easy and cheap to work on too...

Last edited:
Toyota Land Cruiser LC200

07lc200-66lr.jpg

or..my end of the world car:

Land Rover Defender

LR_defender_84-1152.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, wow, I think that might be the truck from Tremors 2: Aftershocks. I just watched that movie last week. I hadn't seen it in ages.

I don't know trucks very well... but he said something about it being a 'mil-spec deuce-and-a-half'. Some googling revealed that mil-spec means military specification and knowledge that I already had suggests that deuce and-a-half means two and a half.

So is that what that is?

Oh, wow, I think that might be the truck from Tremors 2: Aftershocks. I just watched that movie last week. I hadn't seen it in ages.

I don't know trucks very well... but he said something about it being a 'mil-spec deuce-and-a-half'. Some googling revealed that mil-spec means military specification and knowledge that I already had suggests that deuce and-a-half means two and a half.

So is that what that is?

Yup it's a M35 2-1/2 ton cargo truck

2007-cadillac-escalade-esv.jpg

or
2009_cadillac_cts_v_automatic_1_gallery_image_large.jpg

For some reason, I've always had a soft spot for the Escalade. Probably the most traditional Cadillac that you can buy today. If not, then I'd take the CTS as something thats reasonably sized, good looking, and rear drive.

One car for 50 years? I've never even owned a car for 2 years. :lol:

Off the top of my head it would be this:

DaveSchmidtRiv1.jpg

1965 Buick Riviera.

Audi_rs4.jpg

I can see a hood bulge, but it doesn't look all that bad to me. I've seen a couple of RS4s in the flesh, and I think it looks subtle at a glance, but menacing in the details. A quick glance and you could mistake it with an A4 or S4, but have a better look at the small details and you'll begin to see that what it really is, is an RS4.

Exactly. I saw a blue one the other day, at first glance it was just another generic A4... but you look at those arches, spolier and you hear it! Audi RS cars are just like BMW M cars before they got stupid and flashy.