Chris Evans quits the show

PaddyFancy

Good news for people who hate new Top Gear

He announced on Twitter he's quit. "I gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough."

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsEnts/status/749971329101733888

BBC Press statement

Statement from Mark Linsey, Director, BBC Studios on Top Gear: ?Chris is stepping down from his duties on Top Gear. He says he gave it his best shot doing everything he could to make the show a success. He firmly believes that the right people remain, on both the production team and presenting team to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be. The new series has so far notched up over 30m views in the UK alone and has already been sold to 130 territories worldwide.

Chris Evans said: ?I have never worked with a more committed and driven team than the team I have worked with over the last twelve months. I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause. I remain a huge fan of the show, always have been, always will be. I will continue to focus on my radio show and the allied events that it encompasses.?

BBC Press Office

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/statements/top-gear-statement

Last edited:
:ninja: by about a minute.

I shall refrain from gloating.

No I won't. :banana: :mouse: :roflmao:

Goddamit , came here to post that song :lol: :lol:

I wonder if this forum will give Series 24 a proper shot now that the evil one is gone.

Depends if they replace him with someone, and whether they are liked or another Chris Evans in the making.

The statement to me didn't suggest they'd be looking for a new host, they have 5 even without Evans so they should be fine and I'm looking forward to how they'll structure the show without him.

Good riddance.

Keep LeBlanc, Harris and Jordan (alternatively, the black guy, he's good as well), fire the rest.

FACT!

Thank you Make-A-Wish!
LeBlanc and Chriss Harris as the leads, with Rory and Sabine providing extra tests/challenges, don't bother with Jordan as he seems a bit of dead weight, and see if they can actually get some rapport going and let CH be as frank and honest as always!

The statement to me didn't suggest they'd be looking for a new host, they have 5 even without Evans so they should be fine and I'm looking forward to how they'll structure the show without him.

Personally I would also dump Eddie and Sabine (I quite like her but she appears to be a dead weight), then perhaps look at the possibility of another addition. Button is a funny guy and would be great but I expect he might stay in F1.

Although it could work I'm not 100% convinced Reid, Harris and LeBlanc could carry the show off in it's current format, with star interviews etc. If there's some changes to the format then I think those 3 could do it.

The good news is we didn't have to wait to invoke article 50 to get rid of him!

420554_391135940959546_1797325731_n.jpg

... and on that bombshell.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait one fucking second, Jason Dawe has appeared in more TG than Evans. :lmao:

Personally I would also dump Eddie and Sabine (I quite like her but she appears to be a dead weight), then perhaps look at the possibility of another addition. Button is a funny guy and would be great but I expect he might stay in F1.

Although it could work I'm not 100% convinced Reid, Harris and LeBlanc could carry the show off in it's current format, with star interviews etc. If there's some changes to the format then I think those 3 could do it.

The good news is we didn't have to wait to invoke article 50 to get rid of him!

I like Sabine and Eddie Jordan so I don't want them to go, I think Eddie was under utilised in the series and Sabine I think is good to have around. It's better that they try and aim for a new dynamic then try and replicate the old 3 person team. Without the Evans the show will be less top heavy and there will be more room for them to work with. Maybe they could have Jordan, Harris and Matt on the main show with the other 2 to fill in for certain things and Sabine and Rory could run Extra Gear in a longer show.

Last edited:
Wow, such bile towards a guy that stepped into an unwinnable scenario. I think you all need to get hobbies or step out into the light.

QUIT OR JUMPED BEFORE HE WAS PUSHED???? :) :) :) :) :) #chrisevansdoesaroyhodgson

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this forum will give Series 24 a proper shot now that the evil one is gone.

Unlikely it still aint gonna be great, fifth gear level maybe but no more and soon GT will start anyway

Wow, such bile towards a guy that stepped into an unwinnable scenario. I think you all need to get hobbies or step out into the light.

He was bad at the job.

I like everyone else on the show.

Hopefully MLB and the rest are back next season but someone please tell Eddie to leave the spoons at home.