Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz 'to be Chris Evans' sidekicks'

jack_christie

Forum Addict
If any of this is true?

Good news at last!

Top Gear presenters: Virtually unknown Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz 'to be Chris Evans' sidekicks'

Ex-Formula One driver David Coulthard also reported to be joining new-look BBC motoring show as bosses are hit by two backroom departures
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc...Gear-co-presenters-alongside-Chris-Evans.html

Script editor Tom Ford will also not be returning at the end of his contract.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Top-Gear-turmoil-as-backroom-staff-leave.html

Chris Harris's webshow was once voted second in fan poll of top driving programmes
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...nd-in-fan-poll-of-top-driving-programmes.html

And on that bombshell :blowup:

Last edited:
""Virtually unknown Chris Harris"

I'd watch it if Chris would present it, without Evans.

Looks to me that there is a lot of improvisation for a show that will air in 3 months...

At first they asked people to send videos for these presenters jobs and now they are trying to hire... well, just anybody who would take the jobs?

Tom Ford will not continue, is it because that he saw the scripts to edit and just wanted to cry?

- - - Updated - - -

""Virtually unknown Chris Harris"

I'd watch it if Chris would present it, without Evans.
It would be nice.

I liked the interaction between him and Tiff Needle in his last video.

Even less reason for me to watch. I mean, I'll still give it a chance and watch the first few episodes (unless the first is a total abortion), but I've never been a fan of Harris and I don't think Sabine has any business hosting an English language show, as talented of a Nurburgring driver as she may be.

I doubt Harris will do this for some reason... tweeted to him, maybe he replies.

I can't take Sabine seriously after she did some stupid shows on German TV......basically, she is a good driver, but her host skills are....meh.

Chris Harris is a good thing, Chris Evans just loves his voice a bit too much and from the bits I have seen so far is rather annoying......then again, maybe on the topic of cars he can deliver.

I caught Fifth Gear last night with Harris as a guest doing a twin test with Needell. I reckon he is a good fit and if the verbal he gave Tiff is anything to go by we should be able to rely on him to take the piss out of Evans at every opportunity. And at least if Sabine is on board we have someone with credentials and experience who can actually drive rather than some token female there to satisfy the PC loonies at the Beeb.

I can't take Sabine seriously after she did some stupid shows on German TV......basically, she is a good driver, but her host skills are....meh.

That's because ... well, to be honest, she's dumb as fuck. Talk to her on a VLN weekend and you'll realise that. :|
If she wouldn't have married her husband Klaus Abbelen who basically only does racing for a fun because he got rich by selling sausages, that woman would clean toilets today and not race a GT3 car.

That's because ... well, to be honest, she's dumb as fuck. Talk to her on a VLN weekend and you'll realise that. :|
If she wouldn't have married her husband Klaus Abbelen who basically only does racing for a fun because he got rich by selling sausages, that woman would clean toilets today and not race a GT3 car.
How in Gods name do you become rich by selling Sausages? Mr. Walls would like to know!

Well, I know another man you could ask ... :lol:

I doubt Harris will do this for some reason... tweeted to him, maybe he replies.
I just saw Spinelli was trolling him because of the picture in the Sun.
There's no public reaction at all from Harris, so I guess it might be true <_<

I guess so :(

If it's sourced originally from The Sun then I believe in it just as much as I believe in leper gnomes.

Reports have suggested the name for the show could be Gear Knobs, but neither Amazon nor Clarkson has commented on the speculation.

Yes they have. They're not gonna use that name, unless they're bullshitting us.

Relevant:

Ringmeet 2007. I think Ringmeet #1 :D

Bonus points for who can identify people still on forum :p

I recognise what looks like Alok from Facebook, and MXM of course. Other than that a bunch of total strangers to me.