Chris Harris on Cars is moving to a new Youtube channel

Archie411

Car(s)
Go away....look at something else...
Chris Harris said:
The Welsh borders, 12 Oct 2014

January 2012 seems a long, long time ago. Back then I was told by people who didn't know much that a web car video should be less than three minutes long and that overtseer was unpopular. I think we proved them wrong and am grateful to YouTube for giving me the chance to destroy tyres that other people pay for.

I'm also excited to announce that I've started working on my next phase of tyre obliteration and will be launching something new very soon. I'll remain a close friend of the /DRIVE brand and involved in its future productions, but will be offering even more access to my content through the next phase of Chris Harris on Cars, which will launch its new YouTube channel, free to air, November 12.

Special thanks go to Neil Carey, my sidekick in so many adventures and, if he can still handle the general mentalness, the man who will work with me on this next phase. Of course the biggest thanks go to all the viewers who have supported my little show. I look forward to welcoming you to the next phase very soon.

Best

Chris

He's not moving away from Drive but I guess Plus didn't work at that well.

That sounds sweet! :) Let's see how that works out. Should get a lot of subs very quickly

So Harry Metcalfe has his own Harry's Garage now and Chris Harris moves his stuff away from Drive+? Youtube just got 200% better.

Drive+'s numbers must have been an utter and abject failure.

Nice, I'll look forward to this. I still enjoy watching this when I need an earful of awesome, one of his really old videos:

Who's going to pay for Drive+ when they can get the best feature of it for free? Their numbers are about to get a lot worse...

I actually cancelled my Drive+ subscription a few weeks ago as somehow you can't view videos in another country (UK) than that you purchased the subscription in (Norway).

Also noticed a lack of Chris Harris on their channel for the last couple of weeks. I actually suspected this would happen. People say CH funds his nice cars through youtube and writing, but I'm pretty damn certain he finances those through completely different measures.

I actually cancelled my Drive+ subscription a few weeks ago as somehow you can't view videos in another country (UK) than that you purchased the subscription in (Norway).

Also noticed a lack of Chris Harris on their channel for the last couple of weeks. I actually suspected this would happen. People say CH funds his nice cars through youtube and writing, but I'm pretty damn certain he finances those through completely different measures.

I think it was on the Smoking Tire podcast where I heard they say he is a teacher on a drift/racing school in the UK.

It would be really interesting to get some more information about this. I've read he started in the end of the 90s as journalist, I remember him writing his first car launch was for 206 GTi (which he sort of crashed). He also used to drive 205 XS (yay public!) and 306 XS in the 90s, both of which were quite reasonably priced cars at the time. I haven't been following Autocar so his videos/projects at that time are unclear for me, but the 911 build posted by Matt is maybe Chris' oldest video features his own expensive car.

Hey there might be an opening in a poky motoring show in the UK soon, for all we've heard :lol:

I think it was on the Smoking Tire podcast where I heard they say he is a teacher on a drift/racing school in the UK.
He ran the Piston Heads Drifting School, which iirc is not open for business anymore?

I'm looking forward to this. I essentially stopped watching /Drive videos since they put most of the content behind the paywall. I wanted to purchase a subscription but it wasn't available in this country..