Christmas DVD 2013

Whitevanwoman

Many of you will have seen the tweets and reports today of Jeremy and Richard with a private jet and in Italy in a speedboat, being mobbed in Verona...usual stuff :)D). Jeremy confirmed at filming yesterday that they were going out there to film this years Xmas DVD. They have a Mercedes SLS and a Ferrari F12 with them and a drive across Northern Italy was mentioned. (he wanted sympathy from the audience...he didn't get any!)

There was this report in the Italian press 2 days before...think that might have done it!

http://www.veronasera.it/cronaca/verona-programma-top-gear-piazza-bra-30-luglio-2013.html

...and there were a lot of twitter rumours after that as well

From Google Translate:"-Many fans of the transmission went in the center of Verona already this morning and waiting for the darlings challenging patience and warm".

I shall adopt this whenever I'm asked what I'm doing on Top Gear Sundays - I'm waiting for the darlings (g)

There was this report in the Italian press 2 days before...think that might have done it!

http://www.veronasera.it/cronaca/verona-programma-top-gear-piazza-bra-30-luglio-2013.html

...and there were a lot of twitter rumours after that as well

Yup, that would account for the mass of people & Paps. :lol:

Some sort of pre-publicity for the Christmas DVD or something of the like. I mean, why would they want to do it otherwise.

.. and Richard looked a bit uneasy that JC got all the recognition and shout-outs.

I feel for Jeremy and rest of the group, it's not very easy to operate on a tight schedule and stay focused when every single second you are occupied by the fans. They're professionals though, so I'm certain they have learned how to buckle down. Good to see the Tifosi being strong TG fans.

Product Description

Seven days, more than 1,000 miles, 20 cars, two boats, a motorbike and one dream...The Perfect Road Trip. The aim: to select the ideal mode of transport for each leg of a pilgrimage from Venice, Italy to Pau in France ? home to a legendary street circuit and the origins of Grand Prix racing. On the way we prepare by taking to the track at Monza ? the home of Italian Formula One. We try to get noticed on the road course in Monaco in a Bugatti, a Lamborghini and a Model T Ford. After cruising the canals in Venice we take to the tarmac and things look good - thanks to the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta and Mercedes SLS Black. Throw in a Pagani Huayra, Porsche Cayman S and a GT3 as well as the Aston Martin Vanquish centenary edition, Bentley V8 convertible, Rolls Royce Phantom coupe and the face-bending BAC Mono all seems pretty perfect to us. There?s culture too. An all-out effort to get the Birmingham burger-boy to savour the culinary delights of Italy and France ? including octopus and an old balcony. Then it?s time to turn up the heat even more with a Top Gear race... and the worst forfeit in television history Finally we head to the historic road course in Pau. Surely nothing could spoil our Perfect Road Trip... Enjoy...! Jeremy Clarkson & Richard Hammond

That taster on the front page is epic - thinks: "Now what does Cobol74 want for xmas then"?

"Oh Mrs Cobol74 - you know you wanted to know what I want for xmas. ..."